cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM SIM and Phones

Chadihamdan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello,

I orderd and PM and SIM and activate it.

i have an zte v967s unlock that i bought from china, when i insert the sim in it, i'm not having any service at all, it look like not activated. no voice no data no sms

i had a HTC mytouch 4g ( htc panache from videotron) that was unlock , same problem.

then i went and tried with my wife phone nexus 4 from fido and IT WORKED.

can someone explain to me what is happing ?

P.S. I created and APN each time

P.S 2: Fido sim working in all phones

PS3 : on the nexus had to create new APN, even if the network detect an "PC mobile" apn that had the exact same settings.

thank you

2 REPLIES 2

CoderAndrew
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It looks like the 2 phones you listed use AWS bands.

The problem with AWS bands is that Telus does not have a 2G (EDGE) network. So if you don't have matching LTE / 3G bands then the device will not work with PM.

You can try checking your IMEI here: http://mobility.telus.com/en/ON/phones-and-devices/devicecompatibility.shtml this will give you an idea as to whether or not the device is compatible.

You need to have the following bands for Telus:

850 MHz

1900 MHz

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Chadihamdan, the ZTE V967S does not have the 3G frequency that Public Mobile offers.  HTC myTouch 4G (I assume it is from t-mobile) also does not have the 3G frequency.  The 3G frequency that Public Mobile uses is 850/1900 or LTE frequency 700 or 1700/2100.  If you phone has those frequency like Nexus 4, it will work.  Fido also offer GSM which is 2G, and your 2 phones have those frequency and it works.  Regarding to your question, APN is only required to setup once per carrier.  Thus, after you have setup the correct APN, which is sp.mb.com, and insert the Fido SIM card, and then change back Public Mobile SIM card, it should pick up.  Q2.  As I have explained above, Fido offer 2G in GSM while Public Mobile does not.  Q3.  The default APN may not work, especially for older model.  When I used the new Galaxy Tab S, it can recognized automatically, but not iphone 6.  Just to be sure the correct APN is used, otherwise, there is no data connection.

Need Help? Let's chat.