cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Newbie here - some questions

mynewhome
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello all!

Switched from Fido and have reliable cell signal in my condo for the first time in 5 years!

Used to have to be close to window or out on the balcony...sheesh.

A couple of questions:

I don't have a long distance plan outside of Canada, what happens if I make a call to the u.s, what are the charges?

What happens if i use my allotted data in less than 30 days? Do I just not have data until my next cycle?

How much do you have to contribute in this community to see credits on my account?

Why can't I create an article?

Thanks in advance

14 REPLIES 14

mynewhome

Thanks, that's very helpful.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

Hangouts Dialer can be made to show your Canadian phone number for the outgoing call display.

@mynewhome wrote:

how?

@mynewhome please see here: Hangouts - Verify Phone Number for outbound Caller ID

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dennisedge
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For all my USA calls I simple use the App called Google Hangouts.  

Download it from your store. It is 100% free and I love it.

mynewhome

how?

@mynewhome wrote:

same with hangouts, but you need a us cell number to activate google voice?

Hangouts Dialer can be made to show your Canadian phone number for the outgoing call display.

xchoo

@mynewhome wrote:

Oop! Got them mixed up. I meant to say Hangouts, not google voice. Smiley Tongue

mynewhome

xchoo

@mynewhome If you are a google (gmail) user, you can also make calls to the US for free using google voice hangouts. PM me if you want to know how. Smiley Happy

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

As an alternative - you could buy a LD calling cards or use apps like Skype, textnow, or fongo.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mynewhome , this is a prepaid service.  All usage must be purchased in advance in order for it to be available for use.  Data buckets are not transferable and do not accumulate with or take away from subsequent renewals.  The community rewards is participation based with the bar set by the community and moving dynamically all the time.  It's easy to get the lower level rewards and difficult if not impractical to shoot for the highest levels. To initiate a thread, select a forum, click on ask a question orange button. 

@mynewhome wrote:

thx, can I make a long distance call if I don't have an add-on?

You can't make long distance without add on.  No extra charges or overages with Public Mobile.  If you don't have the option, you can't do it.  If your data runs out, you can't use more data.  

As for start article, it is a glitch in the community forum.  I think that it is meant for oracles and moderators to use, not the general members.  

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mynewhome 

Canada only= no US calling therefore no charges..

Once data used gone till next renewal unless you buy an addon

Contribution level for community rewards is quite easy for smaller monthly amounts..lots of time for the larger rewards..

mynewhome

thx, can I make a long distance call if I don't have an add-on?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would have to purchase an add-on for LD or switch to another plan.  Once your data is used up either buy add or you would need to wait for your next cycle.  There is no formula for rewards.  You can get $2 for signing up for autopay and get rewards for referrals.  Also get rewards for participating in the community forum.

Need Help? Let's chat.