cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHONES

tericameron
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does Public Mobile sell their own cellphones or is it BYOP? And can you use any cellphone?:smileyhappy

8 REPLIES 8

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don’t think they do. You can use your old phone or buy one online to use 🙂

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Ah ok,

I was wondering about this because Public Mobile is a BYOD service.

Thanks,

Ed

@Ed404 wrote:

Do public mobile stores offer phone unlocking services because that's now a law here?

Public Mobile does not do unlocking at stores.  For the most part, they don't even have their own stores, other than a handful of small kiosks in various places across the country. They also don't sell phone devices, but even if they did, I expect they'd be unlocked straight out the box anyway.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Do public mobile stores offer phone unlocking services because that's now a law here?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tericameron 

PM is on Telus network.  Since Telus and Bell have tower sharing agreement, any unlocked phone sold by Telus/Koodo/Bell/Virgin will work with PM.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tericameron wrote:

Does Public Mobile sell their own cellphones or is it BYOP? And can you use any cellphone?:smileyhappy

If you have a phone you're not sure of, click at the top of this page at Get Started...that'll take you to an area where you can check if your phone is compatible here.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tericameron wrote:

PM is BYOP provider.

You phone needs to support at least 3G bands.  More bands are better.

PM Network Frequencies.JPG

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tericameron wrote:

BYOP here...long as it's unlocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.