cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of service, but account is no problem

parousia52
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I experienced suddeny out of service. ("Public Mobile" letters was gone from my iphone)

I check my account of here, but no problem on it. 

I tried to turn on and off, and SIM card was put out and in. But problem goes on.

What should i do next? Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

Ndi67

I am going through the same thing ! i have intermintent service . I bought new sim and still problem . Tech is trying to fix it 

You can permanently correct this problem and prevent future recurrences by ordering a new SIM card. You'll need to give the SIM card number to the PM Mods, they can activate it on your account (which also permanently deactivates the old one).

It might seem like overkill, but you can also reduce the risk of SIM jacking by erasing the SIM ID number printed on the SIM card itself - so nobody can "borrow" your phone long enough to copy this number for SIM jacking/fraud.

You should retain a copy of it somewhere else, though, just in case you ever need it.

parousia52

Thank you for important for me 🙂

I am just curious that PB issued new SIM to other person not me.
The hacker of SIM did alreday purchase something by my account of paypal.
Who is responsible?

@parousia52  If they don't, then you may have been sim jacked. Change your password and name on the account.  Immediately place your phone on lost/ stolen. Change email, bank, credit card passwords that may be at risk. Contact the relevant places.

20200504_182846.jpg

Contact the moderators and ask them to switch your service back to the original SIM card. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

parousia52

No, I am a 1st purchaser of this iphone. 

parousia52

It did not match, it meant phone was hacked?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you buy the phone second hand by chance?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@parousia52 log into your self sevice account and choose the change sim option and compare the last 4 digits to the sim card in your phone. The Sims should match.

20200723_093448.jpg

Stay safe 

@parousia52 wrote:

I tried to seek solution with chat-bot but I could not receive 4 digit code from PM.

Your 4 digit Public Mobile account PIN isn't needed to open a ticket. You can use your self serve account login to verify to the moderators that the account belongs to you.

@parousia52 wrote:

Hi, I experienced suddeny out of service. ("Public Mobile" letters was gone from my iphone)

I check my account of here, but no problem on it. 

I tried to turn on and off, and SIM card was put out and in. But problem goes on.

What should i do next? Thank you.

I would check the IMEI at devicecheck.ca .

It's possible, that this is simply a temporary network issue that will fix itself.

parousia52

I tried to seek solution with chat-bot but I could not receive 4 digit code from PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.