cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard iphone 4s

miranhwang82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a new iphone4s from Orchard with a new sim card.

s i was already a public mobile user, using my account, i simply changed the simcard number and saved.

then the phone said it could not be compatible with the sim card i got from Orchard.

then i post a question and someone told me it is not an unlocked version and i emailed them.

then they come back saying that i should go to the settings and i tell them that i cannot even go to the setting since it is in setting mode and all i can press is "try again" at the screen which says that Sim Card is not compatible.

then they come back with the following email but on point i dont see i tunes saying it detected a recovery phone. The screen says instead "there is no sim card installed on the iphone you are attempting to activate. Please disconnect and insert a Sim Card iPhone"

Could you please try the following steps to do a hard reset of your iPhone?
1. Ensure the phone is turned off.
2. Connect your phone to iTunes on your computer with a USB cable
3. On your computer, when iTunes says it has detected a phone in recovery mode, click OK
4. Click: restore
5. Click: restore and update
6. iTunes will begin to restore your iPhone
7. Once iTunes has restored your iPhone, turn off your iPhone and insert your Public Mobile SIM card, making sure it’s facing the right direction.
8. Turn on your iPhone. Your iPhone should be able to read your Public Mobile SIM card now.

1 REPLY 1

Mayor / Maire

@miranhwang82 I'm not aware of the activation/unlocking procedures on iPhones - maybe someone else who knows better will respond shortly.

In the meanwhile, it makes sense to email Orchard back telling them this very thing you've shared with us. Ultimately it is they, and not other community members here at PM, who will be responbile for ensuring that you can actually use your phone with a PM SIM card (since you've paid them for the iPhone).

If it were me, I'd explain to them that they're responsible for ensuring the iPhone works with PM SIM cards, and if they can't figure out the settings, etc before shipping the phone, then they should send you a new device or give you a full refund.

One member on this forum ( @Martin) shared his positive experience with Orchard support, so I'm thinking if you explain to them clearly that you want a prompt resolution, they will do whatever it takes to get you a working phone soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.