cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus 7T

Hoovie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is this phone compatible with the Public system?

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@maheshboloor wrote:

Just reset the APN settings. It selected Telus by default and i went back and selected Public Mobile APN. 4G LTE is back!!..It just needed a switch back to work. All good.

@maheshboloor glad to hear you got it sorted!  Yes for some reason the 7-series seem to be going to Telus instead of PM.  Odd, I had an OP3 and OP5T before, neither of which had that issue.  

Mine is the non-T version, slightly older than yours.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@maheshboloor wrote:

@srlawrenI just got the Chinese Oneplus 7T from Aliexpress and setup it today. For some reason i am not gettin LTE on PM. Looks like you have the same version. Where you able to get LTE? I am on HSPA+ which is giving me around 20 mbps speeds but i rather have the LTE latency at 3 mbps. If you dont mind, could you please let me know what to do to have LTE on it? I checked the APN settings and it seems fine.

Just reset the APN settings. It selected Telus by default and i went back and selected Public Mobile APN. 4G LTE is back!!..It just needed a switch back to work. All good.

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@srlawrenI just got the Chinese Oneplus 7T from Aliexpress and setup it today. For some reason i am not gettin LTE on PM. Looks like you have the same version. Where you able to get LTE? I am on HSPA+ which is giving me around 20 mbps speeds but i rather have the LTE latency at 3 mbps. If you dont mind, could you please let me know what to do to have LTE on it? I checked the APN settings and it seems fine.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@srlawren , we need you to get in there and answer this one to make it official.

@will13am @Hoovie yes it works.  All versions have the required 3G frequencies.  All versions feature nearly every LTE band you'd want, though the NA version does feature band 66 which is helpful if you go to Freedom Mobile later (EU verison has this, China/India does not) and band 71 which is helpful when roaming on T-Mobile in the USA (neither EU nor China/India verisons feature this).  I'm currently rocking an imported Chinese model OnePlus 7 (non-T, non-Pro, non-T-Pro) which is lacking 66 and 71 without any issues on the Telus network.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@srlawren , we need you to get in there and answer this one to make it official.

Courtneyclairem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can always email this site to say your model hasn't been listed yet (and to check future phones): willmyphonework.net 

It should work as the older models do but I also would check in store before you buy. My phone is an Oppo a77 and it said it would work, I went in store and they check if the phone calls worked which it did and I didn't check the internet as I was in a rush although my internet does not work on my phone. I am not surprised as it didn't work in parts of South America and it would stop working while I was in New York (despite my partner having same plan). So remember to double check the internet works, but you should be sweet if Canada sells the phone 🙂

@Hoovie wrote:

Is this phone compatible with the Public system?

Yes, it is.  Ensure you get the North American version.  The European version will also work but North Americans version usually have more LTE bands that work in this part of the world. Official manufactuer specifications can be view using the following link:  https://www.oneplus.com/ca_en/7t/specs?from=7t

This info from gsmarena seems to support it too.

Screenshot_20191114-225619.png

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

The 6T and 7 are both good, Son I suspect the 7T is also compatible.

Need Help? Let's chat.