cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: OnePlus is the Public Mobile of phone hardware

Totally agree, that's why I went for the Android One Xiaomi. Pure Android with quick updates.

Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Effort wrote:

@Mr-Bump wrote:

Love the comparison! OnePlus would be top of my list if I ever decide to go back to a $600+ phone.

For now I'm sticking with my mi a1. Pretty quick, okay camera and battery, and Android 1 for $250.

Also just announced is Xiaomi's sibling brand POCO, which targets the OnePlus market. 

The only thing that annoys me about Xiaomi is the amount of bloatware they have with their rom. With OnePlus, is almost purely stock except for a few apps that come with the phone. Majority of which aren't installed as system apps. You can literally uninstall them and they will be gone. You don't need to root, download a 3rd party app to disable and freeze all the services.

@Effort this is true.  Some consider OnePlus better than stock Android, since the few things that are added are either quite helpful or easily removable (or both).  The stock launcher is quite nice, though I always go with Nova Prime.  Other than phone and camera apps (which every manufacturer has to provider their own), I remember OxygenOS coming with a weather app (easily removable), a OnePlus community app (also easily removable), and a Contacts app (you can download Google's Contacts app from the Play store).  So... yeah pretty darn good.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I do agree with this. This is a very good and accurate comparison. Although OnePlus has started to go more mainstream and a little bit more advertising, it is still similar to Public Mobile, not that that is a bad thing. I have stuck with OnePlus phones for the past 3 years and stuck with Public Mobile for a little over a year and haven't had any issues. Very fast data speeds and excellent coverage. I also love the rewards system that allows you to cut down on your already low phone bill (compared to the others). 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

Wanted to confirm, has anyone tried using OnePlus 6T on Public Mobile's network, Is it compatible/supports the PM's network frequencies?

Has anyone used OP hardware on PM network and found not being able to use any service (like data, text or voice call)?

Looking forward for an early response.

TIA

Mayor / Maire

@amarwah wrote:

Hi All,

Wanted to confirm, has anyone tried using OnePlus 6T on Public Mobile's network, Is it compatible/supports the PM's network frequencies?

Has anyone used OP hardware on PM network and found not being able to use any service (like data, text or voice call)?

Looking forward for an early response.

TIA

The first reply in this thread seems to confirm it all works fine.

Need Help? Let's chat.