cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 8 compatibility with PM

bakedpotates
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm thinking of buying a new OnePlus 8 phone, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with Public Mobile. It's not on the public mobile network check yet. Is anyone using this phone or know anything about the carrier compatibility?

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

@adsticks01  Where did you purchase the device from, Canada?

According the specs it should work:

Band

• GSM:GSM850、GSM900、GSM1800、GSM1900
  • WCDMA:B1、B2、B4、B5、B8、B9、B19
  • CDMA:BC0、BC1、BC10
  • LTE-FDD:B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 66, 71
  • LTE-TDD:B34, 38, 39, 40(Roaming), 41, 46, 48
  • 5G: n2, n5, n66, n41, n71
  • MIMO:LTE: B2, 4, 7, 25, 66, 41, 48 NR: n2, n66, n41
  • (Note: Actual network and frequency band usage depends on local operator deployment.)

adsticks01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi guys thanks for your help i have been informed by the moderator that perhaps the oneplus 8 pro isn't compatible with their service, i also talked to shaw who said the same.

Anyone know if that's right ?

@adsticks01  Remove the sim power down your phone. Wait 5 minutes reinsert the sim and restart your phone. Did it make a difference? If not, it's possible that you account needs to be reset by PM by submitting a ticket for help. Click on there ? bottom right of your screen.

adsticks01

hi both, i reset as suggested but no luck. I have tried both sim card slots, but when i click swap sim button it says no card suggested. I have no notifications but it clearly isn't registering I've tried also swapping side of the sim turning on and off ?

Abit confused

@adsticks01 try inserting the sim in the other slot and reset your network settings

open settings
scroll down to system
tap on reset options
tap reset wifi,mobile & Bluetooth
tap reset settings and restart

@adsticks01 Any error messages dislayed by the phone? Just data not working or nothing?

adsticks01

hi, guys I've recently purchased a one plus 8 pro but I can't seem to get the sim to work when inserted? any tips for me it seems to be compatible from the messages above.

If you have a question about compatibility you can always check it here. 

Compatible phones include:

• 4G LTE: Any TELUS phone or BlackBerry phones. Phones purchased from other providers will need to be verified for compatibility. Simply check your phone’s IMEI number with TELUS to see if they can support your device. TELUS LTE/LTE+ frequecies include 700/850/1900/2100 MHz
  • 3G: Compatible phones must support these TELUS frequencies: WCDMA (HSPA): 850/1900 MHz (UMTS). Phones must support HSPA to be compatible

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bakedpotates 

@bakedpotates wrote:

I'm thinking of buying a new OnePlus 8 phone, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with Public Mobile. It's not on the public mobile network check yet. Is anyone using this phone or know anything about the carrier compatibility?

Thanks.

Very powerful phone, keep in mind the 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, I would get the 128GB, still a very good phone.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bakedpotates 

@bakedpotates wrote:

Thanks.

NETWORKTechnologyGSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE / 5G

its a powerful phone keep in mind, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM.

@bakedpotates if your community name is the name in your self service account , then you have just given an unscrupulous individuals 1/3 of the information required to fraudently port your number.  To prevent this, please go into you self service account and change your name. It can be anything ie Martha Stewart. Stay safe.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@bakedpotates Great phone, go for it. And yes, it is compatible with PM!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is compatible with PM.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bakedpotates  Great choice will work without any issues.👍

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@bakedpotates yes the one plus 8 is compatible with PM. it has all the necessary frequencies. it also comes factory unlocked so you don't have to worry about that. it should be plug and play.

PMs phone compatibility list isn't always updated.

Need Help? Let's chat.