cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: OnePlus 8 compatibility with PM

hi, guys I've recently purchased a one plus 8 pro but I can't seem to get the sim to work when inserted? any tips for me it seems to be compatible from the messages above.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@adsticks01 Any error messages dislayed by the phone? Just data not working or nothing?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@adsticks01 try inserting the sim in the other slot and reset your network settings

open settings
scroll down to system
tap on reset options
tap reset wifi,mobile & Bluetooth
tap reset settings and restart

Highlighted

hi both, i reset as suggested but no luck. I have tried both sim card slots, but when i click swap sim button it says no card suggested. I have no notifications but it clearly isn't registering I've tried also swapping side of the sim turning on and off ?

Abit confused

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@adsticks01  Remove the sim power down your phone. Wait 5 minutes reinsert the sim and restart your phone. Did it make a difference? If not, it's possible that you account needs to be reset by PM by submitting a ticket for help. Click on there ? bottom right of your screen.

hi guys thanks for your help i have been informed by the moderator that perhaps the oneplus 8 pro isn't compatible with their service, i also talked to shaw who said the same.

Anyone know if that's right ?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@adsticks01  Where did you purchase the device from, Canada?

According the specs it should work:

Band

• GSM:GSM850、GSM900、GSM1800、GSM1900
  • WCDMA:B1、B2、B4、B5、B8、B9、B19
  • CDMA:BC0、BC1、BC10
  • LTE-FDD:B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 66, 71
  • LTE-TDD:B34, 38, 39, 40(Roaming), 41, 46, 48
  • 5G: n2, n5, n66, n41, n71
  • MIMO:LTE: B2, 4, 7, 25, 66, 41, 48 NR: n2, n66, n41
  • (Note: Actual network and frequency band usage depends on local operator deployment.)

Need Help? Let's chat.