Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 6T?

Stussyjoo8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone!

Does OnePlus 6T works with PM?

Is anyone using that device and like it?

15 REPLIES 15

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Stussyjoo8

Hi @ckl 

Thank you for the great info!

ckl

Hello @Stussyjoo8 .

I just bought a Oneplus 6T for my wife to replace the aging Blu Life One X2. I bought the phone on the Oneplus website directly.

To answer your questions quickly:

Yes. It works 100% on PM network.

Yes, she loves it.

The phone is great. I got this version => 6G RAM, 128GB of storage

Things I like:

1. Teardrop shape notch. Minimal and not so imposing like iPhone. Better than Essential's implementation. Option to hide notch by putting a black bar on top.

2. Dual SIM.

3. AMOLED - if you like that type of screen.

4. Battery life - My wife does a lot of ebook reading. The last I checked, her screen on time was 11 hrs and had 43% battery left. I don't know if she did any opportunity charging between those times, however, I didn't notice any spikes going upwards in the battery graph.

5. Updates - Not as fast as Google or Essential, but the Oneplus is at the January security update. Latest is the February update.

6. Fast - Compared to the Blue Life One X2, it's like driving a Ford Pinto vs. a Porsche.

7. In-display fingerprint - novel idea and cool.

8. Came with a case - Yes. I didn't expect this because I didn't read their website specs. It does the job.

9. Minimal bloatware.

10. Android 9 - the simple fact that it gives you control over how apps run in the background (per app permissions, adaptive battery, and restrict background data) puts an end to those apps that drain your battery when you're not using the phone.

Things I don't like.

1. Minimal - Camera is great, but the default camera app does not have as many fancy features as Samsung.

2. In-display fingerprint - not as fast as traditional fingerprint display.

3. Pre-applied screen protector - when I first got the phone and was setting it up, the feeling of the screen felt weird when touching and sliding. Sort of sticky feeling and not as smooth as my bare Essential phone. Then I noticed that it already had a screen protector applied from the factory. Again, I didn't read the specs on the website. While it may be a bonus for some, like my wife who does not take care of her phones (ie. she's dropped it twice), I prefer not to have them.

4. Expensive - I was originally planning to buy the Oneplus 6, but of course, it was not in stock and I don't think it will every go back in stock. (edit - yep, I just checked the oneplus website and they don't even list it anymore). So I bit the bullet and bought the 6T. It's the most expensive phone I have ever paid for... but the hardware is comparable to other flagships that cost $1000+(CDN) dollars. As the price goes higher, it's harder to justify the purchase IMHO. But she loves it so that alone makes it worth it. If I was buying for myself given my usage habits, then no.

5. Durability - Not sure about that in-display fingerprint sensor. I sure hope it lasts the lifetime of the phone.

6. Screen is still 1080p - While most flaships are at least 1440p.

joepublic
Here are all the bands that the OnePlus 6T supports in Canada. Looks like it supports them all!!

By network provider
 Bell Wireless
  • 4G All (6)
  • 3G All (2)
  • 2G Not available
 Chatr
  • 4G All (3)
  • 3G All (2)
  • 2G Not available
 Fido
  • 4G All (3)
  • 3G All (2)
  • 2G All (2)
 Public Mobile
  • 4G All (3)
  • 3G All (2)
  • 2G All (2)
 Rogers Wireless
  • 4G All (3)
  • 3G All (2)
  • 2G All (2)
 Telus
  • 4G All (8)
  • 3G All (2)
  • 2G Not available
 Videotron
  • 4G All (4)
  • 3G All (1)
  • 2G Not available
 Virgin Mobile
  • 4G All (2)
  • 3G All (2)
  • 2G Not available
 Freedom Mobile
  • 4G All (4)
  • 3G All (1)
  • 2G Not available
 Koodo 
  •  4G All (4)
  • 3G All (2)
  • 2G Not available

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thank you for your input. 

In fact, there might be some issues with that link so, you may use this website instead:  https://willmyphonework.net/

Thanks, again an have yourself a nice day! 

@CS_Agent- I am aware of that web site.  My point was that the IMEI checker on the PM web site is not a reliable way to check if a particular phone is compatible with the PM network.

Anonymous
Not applicable

To the new moderators of the @CS_Agent:

It's usefull to check how long some users have been participating here and what levels they've achieved before "correcting" them.

Fyi

And welcome. 

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Duplicate response...

Dankaroo

@Stussyjoo8 wrote:

Hi everyone!

Does OnePlus 6T works with PM?

Is anyone using that device and like it?

We'll seems like you got your answer. Please remember to mark your favorite answer as the solution to this post/question.

Unrelated to post I wanna congratulate you on picking an excellent model. How you liking the 6T so far? I'm still on 3T, there really hasn't been a good enough reason to upgrade OnePlus devices in general are all beasts.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thank you for your input. 

In fact, there might be some issues with that link so, you may use this website instead:  https://willmyphonework.net/

Thanks, again an have yourself a nice day! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi gurkim,

You can also use the IMEI Checker, following this link, where you can also enter the IMEI of your device, in order to check the compatibility with Public Mobile.

Regards,

Public Mobile Moderators Team.

With all due respect - @CS_Agent - The IMEI checker is not a reliable way to check if a phone is compatible with the Public Mobile network.  It often identifies phones as compatible when the phone is actually not compatible.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Stussyjoo8,

You can also use the IMEI Checker, following this link, where you can also enter the IMEI of your device, in order to check the compatibility with Public Mobile.

Regards,

Public Mobile Moderators Team.

gurkim

Yes it works with pm no issues 

hzmy

I have an OnePlus 6 and it works without an issue.

6T should be the same.

sandpublic

Yes, it works without any issues 100% coverage.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The one plus 6T definitely works on Public Mobile.  This phone has been discussed before, I don't recall seeing a user review.  There is more coverage of the 5T in this forum.  In any event, there should zero compatibility concerns. 

Need Help? Let's chat.