cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 5T

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Ok who has ordered one??  @srlawren, were you up early today to order this?  Thought I would start this now see who is ordering one and they can follow up with the details of how they are liking the Phone when they get it!!  I need reviews trying to make up my mind on what phone to get.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Well that was fast! Phone was delivered to my office at about 3pm Pacific yesterday, 33 hours after I clicked submit on the order! Picked it up last night and it's a beauty!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I’m still rocking my Nexus 5 by LG.  I’m in the same boat as you with the lack of security updates, but I could still rock thins one longer.  It’s only 4 years old LOL.

Quickly was looking at the ZTE Axon mini online today.  pC Mobile has it available via prepaid for an outright purchase price of $149, might have been 179, but either way, a high-midrange phone for 2016, that isn’t too shabby!

srlawren

@ShawnC13 oh heck yes!  I was up at 5:45 to place my order as soon as the button went from grey to red at 6AM (Pacific) this morning.  Supposed to arrive at my office on Monday, though I'm really hoping it comes by Friday instead so I have it for the weekend.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Ended up springing for the 8GB/128Gb version so I can move my music-on-the-go duties away from my aging (4th gen) 64GB iPod Touch and just carry the one device.  Probably overkill but hey I'm worth it!  😉  I didn't order any cases with it this time.  I like the Karbon one, but it's $40 (a bit much), and there is a basic clear TPU case in the box with the 5T, which is probaby all I'll need.  If I don't like it, I'll pick up an aftermarket case on Amazon later, or even at the XSkin store in Metrotown mall (burnaby BC) where I got the OP3 case I've been using for about 13 or 14 months and really like.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Interesting discussion.

I'm still using a Nexus 6 (made by Motorla) .  Spec's were great in it's day & generally still works well, but have experienced occassional freeze & importanly seems to have come to the end of security updates...

After reading reviews & launches, I am waiting for the Black Friday specials & torn between..

One Plus 5T (near, stock, great spec's, still has 3.5 jack but not as familiar with their software update)

Essential (very impressive screen, tech spec, obvious that tme/ effort on this one & especially amazing that it's a first generation. Have been watching the software upgrades for camera & getting better. SLight concern that it is first gen).

Pixel 2 (not XL) - From Google directly & 2nd generation, software & AI appears to be great, the smaller 5" model seems to have had least bad press/ issues & XL is too expensive for me.

Apple iphone 6s - yes despite being an Android guy from 1.2 (an LG phone), N4, N5, N6 other members of family prefer APple & i do appreciate the much longer software update cycle (gosh out Ipad 2 & daughter's 5c got updates for like 5 years - yet my still very usable Nexus 6 has stopped getting even security updates -depsite being available for sale 2 years ago). I prefer Android system but most Google app's are available on IOS now.

None - stick with N6 unti next year & check out Essential 3nd gen & Pixel 3rd gen

Hopefully I didn't make any errors worthy of flaming but we shall see...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ShawnC13, I wish I could provide you with a data point.  The one plus 5T specs look really good.  Everybody I know that have ever purchased one plus products are happy.  Maybe next year when the 6T comes out.

The OnePlus phones run OxygenOS, which is really just an overlay as I understand it, on Android.

I watched the video of the release announcement the other night, and the developers basically stated (as I understand it) they are keeping the phone very close to Stock Android, as that is what the community likes and wants.

mimmo

are they not both close to stock rom?  so they should essentially have a similar interface.  

@Taekgun, no I haven't yet.  I have never had an Android so waiting to get some reviews on this one.  I have a friend who went from Windows Phone to Android and has the Essential so wnat ssome feedback on the OP5T before I decide.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13

Have you been swayed away from the Essential Phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.