cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 5 Release

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Ok who will be getting this phone.  I am not an Android user but this phone is getting my interest.  Anyone going to watch the release if they do can you post some updates can't get it at work.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

71 REPLIES 71

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zhadj030 wrote:
How is OnePlus phones generally operate on PM?. I remember few problems from the last promo

@zhadj030 generally completely fine.  If you've been using the device on Wind or Freedom you may need to do a factory reset to get everything working fine.  But the North American models (3T and older; OP5 is a world phone) are 100% compatible.  Mine OP3 has been on PM since I received it, June 21, 2016.  So, a full year.  No issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@aday wrote:

mine is at a DHL location waiting for to pick up tonight

Did you get an e-mail with a tracking number? 

aday
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

mine is at a DHL location waiting for to pick up tonight

Noosiekins

@canucks4life wrote:

My order is still stuck in processing was supposed to priority ship yesterday...starting to lose faith Man Frustrated

Mine says "shipped" but I haven't received my tracking number yet... Smiley Frustrated

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

My order is still stuck in processing was supposed to priority ship yesterday...starting to lose faith Man Frustrated

Noosiekins

@canucks4life wrote:

Checkout below link for some cases...I just pre-ordered Orzly TPU flexicase off amazon.

https://beebom.com/best-oneplus-5-cases-covers/

I just one off ebay. Apparently, the Oppo 11R cases may work on the OnePlus 5. Someone snapped the OnePlus official case on their Oppo and it fits perfectly. 

http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/oneplus-5-kevlar-case-fits-the-oppo-r11-perfectly-383032.htm...

How is OnePlus phones generally operate on PM?. I remember few problems from the last promo

canucks4life

Checkout below link for some cases...I just pre-ordered Orzly TPU flexicase off amazon.

https://beebom.com/best-oneplus-5-cases-covers/

Noosiekins

@aday wrote:

i am excited, this will be an upgrade from my s4 (cm11) that has sim card tray issues

Same. Upgrading from a Note 3. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've heard of horror story regarding 1+ QC, bugs, lack of firmware support/updates.  Has it gotten better?

aday

i am excited, this will be an upgrade from my s4 (cm11) that has sim card tray issues

Noosiekins

@aday wrote:

i would say within the first 20 mins of the code being release (I was watching the "live" event)

Nice! Now the wait for 3rd party accessories being available!

aday

i would say within the first 20 mins of the code being release (I was watching the "live" event)

Noosiekins

@aday wrote:

ya, i just got the out for delivery email a few mins ago, so i may even have it today 🙂

Smiley Surprised When did you make your purchase?! 

aday

ya, i just got the out for delivery email a few mins ago, so i may even have it today 🙂

Noosiekins

@aday wrote:

i got the black 128GB, it is looking like it will be delivered tomorrow :).

Well I guess that is up to canada customs

You got your shipping notification already?! 

aday

i got the black 128GB, it is looking like it will be delivered tomorrow :).

Well I guess that is up to canada customs

srlawren

If you don't mind spend a little more than the a5, this would be an AWESOME phone to transition to off your iPhone, @ShawnC13.  You would not be disappointed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Late to the conversation after I started it. I think that pricing is very reasonable I will save close to that amount between my wife and I on PM in one year so way better than a subsidized phone and locked in contract higher pricing.  I am currently using a Microsoft Lumia 950XL but if nothing changes with the Windows  Platform ( I know hanging on forever) I will have to move on maybe. Hoping there is something big coming along soon (Surface Phone).

Over all very impressed no SD slot is a bit of a downer as you really can't go 64 and expand but t will still work for a lot of people.  Never run an Android device and I am somewhat curious of them

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

canucks4life

@Noosiekins wrote:

@canucks4life wrote:
FYI it is kind of a catch22 you need to order both the phone and accessory at the same time to use $30 referral voucher...also it can't be used on bundles.

Their accessories were all sold out when I ordered the phone. crap.

Yeah I'm in the same boat...looks like will be going commando style for awhile.

Noosiekins

@canucks4life wrote:
FYI it is kind of a catch22 you need to order both the phone and accessory at the same time to use $30 referral voucher...also it can't be used on bundles.

Their accessories were all sold out when I ordered the phone. crap.

Vickel
Great price awesome specs
Will wait and see how quality is before making a decision

canucks4life

@Noosiekins wrote:

Thanks for the referral code! Wish I saw this earlier when I ordered my phone! All the accessories are Out of stock anyway... Good thing it's good for 31. I need a screen protector!

Noosiekins
@xCameron94x wrote:

any pros/cons of getting a "certfied refurbished phone". Places such as JP Mobiles or even Amazon? A big pro i see is cost savings, but a huge con i see could be warranty

I contemplated refurb, "open box" top tier phones. Warranty is definitely one thing I worry about. I think it comes down to how often you switch and upgrade your phones

any pros/cons of getting a "certfied refurbished phone". Places such as JP Mobiles or even Amazon? A big pro i see is cost savings, but a huge con i see could be warranty

srlawren

@zhadj030 that seems to be a OnePlus defacto standard, dual SIM but no SD card hybrid slot.  I guess it saves them a few pennies per unit?  Honestly with 64 or 128GB of onboard storage, a lot of people don't need an SD card.  I've managed fine without one in my 64GB OP3 for the past year.  But then, I also keep most of my music on a separate device (a now very aging 4th gen iPod Touch), so I may actually be in the minority.  

Noosiekins

the no SD card is a bit disappointing... but I've survived on 20 gig no problem.. so 64 should last me a while 🙂

Noosiekins

Thanks for the referral code! Wish I saw this earlier when I ordered my phone! All the accessories are Out of stock anyway... Good thing it's good for 31. I need a screen protector!

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

It is a really great phone, I am confused on why having dual SIM cards but no SD card support/ slot, kind of disappointing. 

srlawren

It looks like Android Authority agrees with my value analysis:  http://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-5-still-good-deal-780593/  (Pricing in USD, of course).  Basically:  if you don't need > 1080p screen res or waterproofing, it's pretty tough to beat the value of the OP5.

Need Help? Let's chat.