cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T and ZTE Axon 7

jobella
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

Can you tell me if these phones are compatible with the Public Mobile network and sim cards:

- OnePlus 3

- OnePlus 3T

- ZTE Axon 7

Thanks

Jobella

21 REPLIES 21

marmstrong

As someone who recently joined Freedom Mobile, and is planning to switch to Public Mobile with an ZTE Axon 7, its good to hear that my phone will work on the network. I already ordered the SIM card, and am looking forward to seeing if this is a better option.

I was a little worried about some of the negative, though rather old, reviews I've found for Public Mobile, and my first provider was Telus (whom I wasn't impressed with), but I figure I might as well give it a try.

david_l
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@vicpch wrote:

Am using a ZTE Axon 7 that i purchased on BF.  Best phone I have ever used for the price. 

Hear hear! Just got the update to Android 7.0  too. At the same time they fixed the music app, which was really my only complaint with this phone. It didn't have a button from the lock screen to go back to the previous song, only forward. They fixed that. The phone is now perfect.

vicpch

Am using a ZTE Axon 7 that i purchased on BF.  Best phone I have ever used for the price. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hk1380 yes they have relabelled "4G" to "LTE" in OxygenOS 4.0.x but it's still the same speedy connection you've been enjoying.  There were many, many posts on the OnePlus forums asking about it, but it's completely normal.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hk1380
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm using the OnePlus 3 and before on Android 6.0 it would say LTE and now on Nougat it says 4G. I haven't noticed any decrease in speeds I believe 4G still refers to LTE. The phone works great on Public Mobile

jobella

Thanks for the positive response! 
Sad to hear about the cameral as I am more a picture person than audio 😞

Best

J

Novaeddie

I also have a one plus 3 on PM and can confirm that LTE works flawlessly. 

sacari

I'm using the OnePlus3 and it works perfectly with Public Mobile 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Swatson@ruvion did you both purchase a north american OnePlus 3 or 3T?  If so, it should just work on LTE with no issue when an LTE signal is available.  Above the signal meter, it should show "LTE" or "LTE+" when you are connected to LTE, and "H" or "H+" when connected to 3G data.  I have been using a OP3 on the Public Mobile network since 1 week after the June 14th launch and it definitely does LTE the vast majority of the time in the greater Vancouver area (and also on T-Mobile when I'm roaming in the US with Roam Mobility SIM).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ruvion

After doing some research, I was afraid you were gonna say that same exact thing. 🙂

@ruvion wrote:

I am having a similar problem with my Oneplus 3T having only 4G reception

For the most part, people use the term 4g to refer to LTE. When you have an LTE connection, some phones will say "LTE", 4g", or "4g LTE". 

A lot of this confusion lies with the fact that the carriers started to advertise 3g networks as 4g as a marketing technique when an international organization rules that they could.  It's really only in advertising (an internally within the carriers) that people consider HSPA to be 4g.  I would dare say that the rest of the world considers 4g to actually be LTE.

I am wondering if this is simply an issue of this phone model using a "4g" icon to denote actual LTE data service.  It wouldn't be the first phone that does that.

david_l

ZTE Axon 7 works perfectly and it's by far the best phone I've ever used and I was using the Galaxy S line and LG G3 before this. The sound is amazing. Stereo speakers are so loud and clear. Even call quality seems better. The phone is plenty fast and the screen is bright with vivid colours. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is the music app but you can download another one anyway. Lastly, the camera is not quite as good as the LG G3's but it's still very decent and is very quick.

ruvion

Hi, 

Regarding your problems with Oneplus 3 having no LTE connectivity...
I am having a similar problem with my Oneplus 3T having only 4G reception

You mentioned in your post that airplane mode solved your issue.
How is it done if I may ask?

Thank you!

JackL

I have a OnePlus 3 purchased back in the summer.

I just recently swapped to Public Mobile during $120/4GB promotion.

I can get on to 3G/HSPA/LTE network with my phone with out any issues.

Speed test in my area is about 15-30Mbps

Further more, you can check network compatibility on this website:

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carriers/public-mobile-canada

Here is a screenshot for you from my OnePlus 3 network information:Screenshot_20161126-232325.png

Hope this info helps. 🙂

Swatson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm actually having an issue with my 3T, it simply refuses to connect to LTE. I've checked my APN settings everything seems fine. I noticed that the original 3 had some network registration issues with AT&T, I wonder if that is happening here again?

Edit:nevermind, multiple reboots did nothing but airplane mode is magic?

jeremyesq

@jobella Yes, the Axon 7 will work.  There are at least two users on here that are already using it. 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/What-device-do-you-use/m-p/54912/highl...

Another user, @jordanharris01 , noted that newegg.ca has a very attractive offer going on the Axon 7

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/US-Black-Friday-specials-avail-in-Cana...

jobella

Thanks Stonechucker.

Would you know if it works with PM? Cheers

I would be happy to use any of those phones.  As I'm a music guy, the Axon 7 would be my first choice with theh dual stereo speakers on the front 🙂  Also read it's audio is even better via the headphone jack.

sanabra

I brought the OnePlus 3 phone for my son who started University this year. He loves the phone, preferes it over all the phones he used in the past such as Galaxy s5, iphone 5 etc. 

Hope this helps.

jobella

Thanks Sanabra!

Can you tell me if you are happy with the purchase? I've read the reviews but it is always good to have a personal review 🙂

sanabra

I have recently purchased an OnePuls 3 phone. It works well with Public Mobile. 

Need Help? Let's chat.