cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Plus Phones

Bosbest
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am looking at buying the OnePlus Pro 7 or the 7 t

Does anyone know how well they work on Public Mobile. Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Bosbest wrote:

Thanks everybody. I am trying to decide between the oneplus 7 pro or the pixel 3a xl. Watched a few vids and read all the tips here. Gotta pick one!

@Bosbest to your original question, the 7 series will be just fine for you.  I myself use a 7 (non-T, non-pro) that I imported from China via aliexpress and it works without issue.  

To the message quoted: these are actually quite different phones you're comparing.  I got my mom a 3a (non-XL) earlier this year when it was on sale--at the time I believe it was $399 for the 3a.  I'm not sure that $650 for the full price 3a XL is a great deal, but they are very good devices.  If your priority is camera performance and/or immediate access to Google's latest OS and features, then go with a 3a XL.  If your priority is snappy day-to-day performance, multi-tasking, then go with the 7 Pro.  Either is a great choice, but the 3a XL is a better value, especially when on sale.

Just to muddy the water a little: if you're not in an urgent hurry to get a new phone, you may want to wait a bit longer.  The Pixel 4a is expected to be announced very soon and is expected to be impressive, and will likely drive down the cost of the 3a XL.  Also, OnePlus is about to unveil a new mid-tier device called either OnePlus Nord (ugh) or OnePlus Z or OnePlus 8 Lite (seems least likely of the names).  It may not come out in North America for a while, but you could likely import one through Aliexpress like I did with my OP7.  Some food for thought.

Of course, there's always something new coming around the corner and there's never a perfect time to buy.  So if you keep that in mind and are happy enough with what you would get with a 3a XL or OP7 Pro and the price you will pay today, then by all means make it so!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Bosbest  Pixel 3a XL for me. Will get Android 11 as soon as it comes out also very good camera.👍

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bosbest Overall I would go for the Oneplus. I was going to buy a 7 pro instead of a Galaxy S10 and I have no idea why I went with the s10. I wish i went with the oneplus.

Do they still sell OP7 pros ? Last time i checked you couldn't buy them anymore. Only the OP8

Bosbest

Thanks everybody. I am trying to decide between the oneplus 7 pro or the pixel 3a xl. Watched a few vids and read all the tips here. Gotta pick one!

ctbmacdonald

I may not say 100% of the phones work (wouldn't say that about any phone brand).  They are great phones and that will be my next phone (Fnatic mode is amazing).

I currently have a Xiaomi Note 6 and I needed to be careful of the version I bought.  I needed an international version.  You need to check the communication bands (making sure it's the band for your country/network) and make sure it will work.  There are plenty of resources for that.

If you are buying directly from OnePlus, you should be fine with your purchase as they sell phones to work in your region.  If you are buying it from GearBest or AliExpress, make sure you are selecting the correct phone for your region.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Bosbest  Great choice will work without any issues. You should also take a look at Pixel phones as they have better upgrade support and receive monthly security updates directly from Google.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Bosbest That's a nice phone. It will work with PM 100%. Don't worry. Go for it!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Bosbest wrote:

I am looking at buying the OnePlus Pro 7 or the 7 t

Does anyone know how well they work on Public Mobile. Thanks!

If you have the version that works in North America they are great.  I have the OnePlus 7 and it is a great phone

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good choice!one plus phones are among the best phones with the reasonable price.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I have a OnePlus 3 & 6T.  Both work great with PM. I read that 7 Pro was one of the best Android phones.  They use a near stock OS.

Need Help? Let's chat.