cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Number Belongs to Two Persons?

Koosha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

just activated my simcard and went through the whole process including setting APN. BUT

- my phone did not start working (neither the phone nor the intetnet connection)

- I called my phone number from my friend's phone. WEIRD: went to the voicemail and a person asked to leave a message. Howcome? Does this phone number now belong to me and another person simultaneously? 

My phone is Sony Xperia model:c2104

4 REPLIES 4

Unfortuantely, this phone number doesn't belong to you, and should never been assigned as it already active.  This is Public Mobile's mistake if they assigned you a number already in use.  You're going to have to get a new phone number. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Koosha Here is how you can call your number and change the voice mail greeting. 

- you call your phone number

- press the star key to interrupt the system greeting.

- Enter password when prompted,

- press 3 for Greetings options,

- press 1 for Personal Greetings options,
- Press one of the following selection:
- 1 = to select / activate
- 3 = to record
- Press 1, 2, 3, or 4 to record greetings to corresponding personal greeting, press # to accept greeting.

Hope this helps. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Koosha did you get a new number or port in your old number. 

If you just ported in your number from another carrier, please allow some time for the port in process to get complete as it can take a couple of hours. 

If you called your new number and got the voicemail. It maybe possible that the new number you are assigned now used to belong to someone else and somehow their voicemail greeting is left behind with your number. 

You can simply call in your new number and change or delete the old greeting. 

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Message a mod for help @CS_Agent

Need Help? Let's chat.