So i've got a PM sim in a Galaxy S10e IMEI xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It should be compatible given the frequencies

SIM does work in another phone

Tried manual APN settings, 

Tried reset network settings

Tried re-inserting the sim

Tried turning the phone off for 5 minutes, re-inserting the sim

Nothing... 

I've heard about the iphone safari browsing history data blocking access to new networks, but i've never heard of something like that happening on an android phone

Phone has worked with other sims before

I'm stumped, reaching out for ideas

edited by computergeek541: device information removed (could be used for number porting purposes)

8 REPLIES 8

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@CamDarling20Since the phone is so new, I suggest take it to one of the local Samsung stores to get the people there a once over.. they might offer you a replacement on the spot.

The Public Mobile SIM works fine on another phone right?

@CMOADMIN wrote:

Have you tried to enter your settings on your phone, and update your Android version ie "check for updates"?.

Also have you set your APN properly? 

APN settings are only for data use. Incorrect or even blank APN settings would not prevent a connection to the cellular network.

CMOADMIN
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you tried to enter your settings on your phone, and update your Android version ie "check for updates"?.

Also have you set your APN properly? 

CamDarling20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Yes, this looks like the probable cause Apparently this phone is riddled with bugs, patches came out over the summer but didn't fix all the issues Thank you!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CamDarling20 wrote:

Nothing... 

I've heard about the iphone safari browsing history data blocking access to new networks, but i've never heard of something like that happening on an android phone

edited by computergeek541: device information removed (could be used for number porting purposes)

@CamDarling20  Sounds like to only option remaining is doing a hard reset (factory reset) on your device to see if it fixes the issue.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@CamDarling20 wrote:

Nothing... 

How to Fix “Mobile Network Not Available” Error on Galaxy S10, S10E and S10 Plus:

https://www.getdroidtips.com/how-to-fix-mobile-network-not-available-error-on-galaxy-s10-s10e-and-s1...

Hopefully can help you.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Is there a network reset option?  That might fix the problem.  I read about it working for LG phones anyway.

kellykellz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've read online that many people are having network conectivity issues with Samsung S10 regardless of the cell phone network.

I you have a warranty on your phone I would suggest returning it for a new one, its a known bug in that model of phone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.