cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occassionaly can't send/receive text messages

thorfan1989
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent

I am occassionally seeing that some texts of mine are not being received by the person I am sending them to. Alternatively I am also seeing that some of the messages that others are sending to me are not being received on my end.

I have no doubt in my mind that my phone may be the root cause of this issue (as it has been reset in the past by my previos carrier), so if Public Mobile is able to perform software and network reboots for my phone and service, I would greatly appreciate that.

7 REPLIES 7

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you ever get a repsonse?

Also, I'd add that BB10 uses SMS/MMS just like any other mobile OS. So while it has other limiting factors, being an end of life OS, texting is not one of them.

If you're looking to do a backup, try Darcy's Tools. I haven't had any luck with BB Link in some time (also EOL, i imagine), but that little 3rd party tool has worked consistently well for me. Good luck!

thorfan1989

A pretty good graps of the straws you got there. 

Prior with Wind, I had something set up that would queue me a SMS message indicating I had an MMS to retreive so I could turn on data and download the message.

Interestingly enough, sometimes the MMS designation goes beyond pictures/videos etc.

Case in point, my dad sent a broadcasted message to a few people and I only received it once I turned data on. It won't prompt or cue me about anything outstanding, it either comes through or it doesn't. I've asked the moderator about how it works for my service. We shall see what they come back with.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thorfan1989:

Just to wonder about another straw to grasp...if someone sends you text via MMS then you won't see it until you turn on data. If you don't have data on very much then the sending server would probably give up and stop trying.

Same when you send...if you start an MMS like say with a picture then you would need to turn on data to send it. And of course the receiver would need data on to see it.

thorfan1989

Thank you for the link, I have messaged the moderators.

Hopefully they are able to do the reset from their side soon.

@thorfan1989

If you want a reset your phone by the carrier side , you will need to private message the moderator.  It will take 2-3 days for response though....

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

thorfan1989

I have a Blackberry Q20 which utilizes the Blackberry 10 OS which  is very limiting on applications that it can use or what can be done with it. A software reset on my phone wipes out everything including data and contacts and I haven't been able to do a backup for a while. I'm not sure what cache data I have. I've had this problem before and my prior carrier had to reset the phone for me from their side.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @thorfan1989,

Which phone? Software reset is quite easy to perfom on your device by yourself.  

Try a 3rd party sms app first (i.e. Textra, GoSMS, etc etc).  Sometimes the 3rd party apps work better.  If that doesn't work, you can try clearing cache, reset your phone.

If the issue persists, you should write a private message to @CS_Agent to request an account refresh... probably wont be needed though.

Need Help? Let's chat.