cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMADM ERROR 6601

BrodalftehGreyt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched my phone to a different phone.  It tries to activate OMADM (error 6601) and keeps failing.  The phone is a Samsung A20.

Is there something that is required on your end?

14 REPLIES 14

ValueinmyVeins

This is the post I found that really helped.  It's a phone issue - I just had to keep blasting away and shutting down the OMADM.  Eventually I broke my phone and made sure my new one was completely unlocked.  Never had the issue again. 

"Those suggestions provided a very temporary (about an hour) fix for me, but

I tried something different today that seems to be working (no messages in almost 8 hours).

Go to Settings > Apps. Click the three dots at the top, and select "Show system apps."

Select "OMADM"

Select "Notifications"

Under "Notification style" click "Silent and minimized."

I also have under OMADM "Change System Settings" = Not allowed. I don't know if that has an impact or not because that alone didn't work before I did the sequence I described above, but I'm not turning it back on just in case allowing it to change system settings means allowing it to undo what I did with the notifications.

There is also (on my phone) a "Sprint OMADM Phone Interface" but I don't know if it has any impact. I have it also set not to allow changes to system settings."

Azra555

Is your problem solved.. I'm having issues with 66001 error recently.. omadm is pop in notification.. I tried everything.. factory data reset etc .. please anyone help

@Rwanda you were trying to activate with physical sim? please open ticket with PM support here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Rwanda

My Phone is Samsung A71 5G but having same issue, I restarted it but I didn't get result please support me

Screenshot_20230726-234835_OMADM.jpg

@BrodalftehGreyt wrote:

I didn't contact Samsung but found this thread:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Firmware-update-not-competed-error-407/td-p/1329378/p...

different phone but same issue.  It fixed the issue.  seems good now.  

Thank you for all your help!

Hi @BrodalftehGreyt nice to know that your problem is resolved.  Thanks for the link.  It might help other customers who are having the same/similar problem with their Samsung device.

Best wishes

RosieR

BrodalftehGreyt

I didn't contact Samsung but found this thread:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Firmware-update-not-competed-error-407/td-p/1329378/p...

different phone but same issue.  It fixed the issue.  seems good now.  

Thank you for all your help!

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BrodalftehGreyt :Sounds like problem with your phone for sure and not with Public network, you should try contact Samsung see what they say about this.

BrodalftehGreyt

Well i thought it was just the notification until someone did try to text me and I didn't get it. 

I'm not sure if that is just an issue due to servers and my phone (i'm in and out of an area that has no cell reception at work).  

However, I haven't had that issue with my past phone or with public mobile before.  

BrodalftehGreyt

The phone is unlocked.  Factory reset did nothing.  

did you try a factory reset?  Someone with Sprint OMADM mentioned that a factory reset got rid of that error..

Also, there is another possible way to get rid of this is:

Go to Settings -> Apps -> Click on the three dots and check "Show system apps" -> Scroll down to Spint OMADM and force stop it.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Found this - don't know if it'll work, @BrodalftehGreyt  but maybe try this step-by-step description on how to fix ODADM error 407 (which may apply to the error you're receiving):

1. Remove SIM from the SIM tray and re-insert SIM. If after rebooting the device, the message re-appears,
2. Go to Settings > Apps > System Apps > OMADM > Force Stop.  If after rebooting the device, the message re-appears,
3. Go to Settings > Apps > System Apps > OMADM > Storage > Clear Data.

Please let us know if this helps.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BrodalftehGreyt , it sounds like something must have glitch in the software and the phone is hanging.  Try this fix.  Turn the phone off, then hold volume up, volume down and power button simultaneously to bring up the recovery menu, select factory reset and let the phone go through the restart sequence which could take several minutes.  If factory reset does not resolve the problem, take a look at this thread.  It may contain the needed resolution.  

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/OMADM-Error-Message/td-p/1350593

@BrodalftehGreyt wrote:

I recently switched my phone to a different phone.  It tries to activate OMADM (error 6601) and keeps failing.  The phone is a Samsung A20.

Is there something that is required on your end?

I know that some Verizon phones show annoying notfications every time the phone starts up whenever a different company's SIM card is installed (even after the phone has been permanently unlocked).  I suspect that this could be a similar type message.  is your service actually working okay on this phone but it's a matter of a notification that you no longer wish to see?

There's some discussion on the Koodo forum which directs a customer to XDA forums.  Take a look here:  How to uninstall Sprint OMADM? | Koodo Community (koodomobile.com)

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@BrodalftehGreyt Is your Samsun A20 unlocked?
Never heard of that error. You might need to factory reset it, but make sure to back up everything before trying. 

Need Help? Let's chat.