cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered on network

Madeline1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have paid my account but can’t use my phone. I get not registered on network. I tried re starting, paying 1.00 on my account, lost phone interruption account and restarting. Tried to leave a ticket with public team and no results. I am at my last straw here. Next step is go to another company.

15 REPLIES 15

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

I don't know what type of phone you have, but if it's a Samsung you can try this

go to settings

connections

network operators

search networks

if it's a different device you can try the same thing. hope this helps

Settings, set network/operator/carrier to "Public Mobile" (or to "Public Mobile 3G").

"Automatic" may not he able to establish normal two-way device/network identification sessions because network services are already being stressed.

Then restart (again) to ensure Setting changes persist.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Madeline1  That error usually means that you phone got blacklisted. Where did you purchase that phone from?

@Madeline1  did you try the network reset? Before you buy a new phone try the factory reset , remove your PM SIM, backup your contacts and do the factory reset. Restore your WiFi, Download all updates, turn off your phone, reinsert your PM SIM and tell us what happens. Thanks.

@Madeline1 

You are right.  It is likely an issue with your hardware/phone.  Don't necessarily need to buy another phone yet.  It could just be a setup issue versus defective hardware.  

Maybe try network reset.  Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

Even a factory reset of the phone (back up information first)

Madeline1

I tried my card in my other phone and works fine. Got to be an issue with phone. I am going to purchase another phone.

[Almost always a great test  ........ Luddite]

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Madeline1 when you say you tried to leave ticket, do you know if it succeeded? Do you have the ticket number?

If not you should contact them directly

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@Madeline1  the moderators have up to 48 hours to respond. And given that they are short staffed, it  may be a little longer. Let's try to fix this without involving them. Try the network reset. You will have to reenter your WiFi passwords, if applicable.

Sorry it took a little time @Madeline1  I had to find the instructions. From your home screen Menu > Settings > Accounts > Back up and reset. - Network data reset > Reset device

Restart tour phone, wait 30 seconds and restart it. If this doesn't work a factory reset may be required .

Madeline1

Last night

@Madeline1  when did you contact the moderators? Thanks. 

Madeline1

Samsung galaxys111

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Madeline1  another PMer fixed this by resetting her phones network settings. And restarting the phone,  turn it off, wait 30 secomds and resrt it. If you need help on how to do this, please post the make and model of your phone. Thanks.

Madeline1

I haven’t received a response.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you log into your account - what is the status ?  Is there a reactive button ?  How long has it been since you submitted a ticket as PM is currently short staffed so it can take longer for a response.  Try  logging into your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.