cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered on network

wg007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Out of nowhere, I'm suddenly unable to send or receive calls or text messages. When I try to place a call, I get the error message "Not registered on network". When I try to text, it says "Currently unable to send your message. It will be sent when the service becomes available." I'm in Ontario. I haven't changed my plan, my bill is paid up, I haven't touched my SIM card, this happened totally out of the blue. How do I fix it?

25 REPLIES 25

GardenGurl222
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No definitely not the issue.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@GardenGurl222- Have you recently dealt with a credit card problem? From another phone, dial 1-855-4pu-blic and enter your number to get the account status. For good measure have a look at devicecheck.ca.

GardenGurl222

Last time I was able to use my phone was Tuesday April 25th. My bill was paid April 2nd. Calling *611 results in immediate hang up and a message at the bottom of my screen that says not registered on network 

I have already tried powering the phone down. I've looked to see if the sim card is in place it is. I restarted after nothing changed. if I attempt a call it says I'm out of minutes yet I have an unlimited plan. My phone is not used. I was purchased new a few years ago and I have had this account for even longer. 

It's like my account no longer exists 

I don't want to lose my monthly rewards or the plan I had. 

I used the link someone replied with to get a message to cs but have heard nothing back.

Thank you for your response 

@GardenGurl222 

when was the last time you were able to use your phone??

when did you last  pay??

if you call *611 on your phone, what does it tell you about the account status??

@GardenGurl222 wrote:

Not being able to log in is the least of my issues. I cannot use my phone I can't call or text I'm having the same issue as wg007 I need some assistance with this it's been days. I rely on my phone due to health issues. 

What have you tried to resolve the issue thus far @GardenGurl222 ?

Can you try another (known to be working) SIM card in your device to see if it works fine in your device?

While you're at it, try your SIM card in the other device to see if it works.

Purpose of this is to determine whether network, device, or account/SIM issue.   Just basic troubleshooting...

GardenGurl222

Not being able to log in is the least of my issues. I cannot use my phone I can't call or text I'm having the same issue as wg007 I need some assistance with this it's been days. I rely on my phone due to health issues. 

@GardenGurl222 

login is just the email address..  you can try a common one first

or reset it.  

First try to use the Reset Password link there on the login page (or direct link: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/forgot-password) enter any possible email addresses you could have used and see if it works

If you are unable to self reset the password, PM support will be able to help

1.  Open ticket with Chatbot for faster response (2-48 hours), using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Forgot Login Information", then click "Contact Us",, then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. if you have problem with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

GardenGurl222

Having the same issue but I also cannot sign into my account. I've changed nothing and I've had this sim for... ever 

@krs99 wrote:

When I had that problem I ended up doing nothing on my phone - no rebooting, no resetting anything.

Public Mobile eventually did something on their end to fix that problem.

I have not had any issues since.

There could have been a network issue. Public Mobile had issues with the network last week. 

krs99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I had that problem I ended up doing nothing on my phone - no rebooting, no resetting anything.

Public Mobile eventually did something on their end to fix that problem.

I have not had any issues since.

@Sumonsrabon 

Try rebooting phone, remove SIM and reinsert, reset network settings.

Refer to this link below for more details on the porting process:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@Sumonsrabon wrote:

Virgin network 

Can you give us more details? Are you trying to port your number? Are you already with Public Mobile?

Sumonsrabon

Virgin network 

@krs99 

1. From the Home screen, navigate: Apps. > Settings > Backup and reset.
  2. Tap Reset network settings.
  3. Tap Reset Settings.

krs99

Thanks for the reply.

I had used the Samsung phone for a few years before I switched to try out the iPhone and I now want to go back to the Samsung phone, so I didn't think there was any chance the Samsung was blacklisted.

But I double checked anyway using the link you posted and the Samsung IMEI checks out OK.

So it seems Public Mobile doesn't somehow need to associate or register the IMEI number of the Samsung phone with the SIM card - that's what I was wondering about.

I'm going to try inserting the SIM card in the Samsung again and see if I can add a piece of paper to make sure it's snug.

I would have thought if the contacts didn't make properly I would get a "No SIM" message, which I do not - just the Not registered on network when I try to call someone.

@krs99 

You can check the IMEI of your Samsung to see if it has been blacklisted

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

If the phone has not been blacklisted, make sure the SIM card fits snugly in the SIM tray slot.
If there is a little play, perhaps attaching a piece of tape on the back of the SIM card may help.

You can also try another working SIM card in your Samsung to rule out any hardware problems with your phone.

krs99

I have the same problem with a Galaxy S4 mini.

Had that phone with PM originally, then switched to aniPhone 4 and now back to the Samsung.

With the SIM card in the iPhone 4 I get connected to the network, with the Samsung I don't.

Do I somehow need to register the Samsung IMEI number?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

You can check here with your IMEI to see if it has been blacklisted

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Best Buy is a reputable company. You may be able to get a refund if there's a problem.

wg007

Welp, I feel really dumb now. That's exactly it- the SIM card came loose. Didn't know it could do that! Happy for the simple solution and very grateful for the assistance, everyone. Much obliged. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@wg007 . It would be best to get in touch with the moderators for assistance. Two ways to reach them.

1-

Simon.JPG

2- or via private message if simon the chat bot is giving you issues. The private message link is below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hope they can resolve your issue.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@wg007  Restart your device. If that message doesn't go away then your device has been blacklisted. To verify test you sim in another phone. If it connects to the network then you will need a new phone.

wg007

I purchased it from Best Buy as an open box, so I assume they verified that it was not a blacklisted item. 
It's a Samsung Galaxy A50, purchased in mid-June. 
My Account Status is Active.
I've tried restarting it, and I've tried toggling airplane mode on/off. 
I don't remember getting a text about a port. 
Good questions, all! 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wg007 

Your SIM card may be moved around a bit inside the SIM card slot.  Take you SIM out and insert it again.  Reboot your phone and report result.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@wg007 maybe the sim came loose, turn off the phone remove the sim and inspect it. if all looks good reinsert it in the phone and reset your network settings

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Out of curiosity is this a phone that you purchased second hand? It might be possible that it's been blacklisted if it was a second hand purchase.

What model of phone do you have? 

When you log into your account. Does it say active?

What other things have you tried on the phone.? Reboot? Etc.

Do you have another phone lying around to out your sim card in to see if it does the same thing?

Did you receive a text possibly about a port? Maybe your sim has been sim jacked.

Any further details you can provide would be helpful!

Need Help? Let's chat.