cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not registered on network

Out of nowhere, I'm suddenly unable to send or receive calls or text messages. When I try to place a call, I get the error message "Not registered on network". When I try to text, it says "Currently unable to send your message. It will be sent when the service becomes available." I'm in Ontario. I haven't changed my plan, my bill is paid up, I haven't touched my SIM card, this happened totally out of the blue. How do I fix it?

Accepted Solutions
Mayor / Maire

Re: Not registered on network

@wg007 maybe the sim came loose, turn off the phone remove the sim and inspect it. if all looks good reinsert it in the phone and reset your network settings

View solution in original post

All Replies
Mayor / Maire

Out of curiosity is this a phone that you purchased second hand? It might be possible that it's been blacklisted if it was a second hand purchase.

What model of phone do you have? 

When you log into your account. Does it say active?

What other things have you tried on the phone.? Reboot? Etc.

Do you have another phone lying around to out your sim card in to see if it does the same thing?

Did you receive a text possibly about a port? Maybe your sim has been sim jacked.

Any further details you can provide would be helpful!

Mayor / Maire

@wg007 maybe the sim came loose, turn off the phone remove the sim and inspect it. if all looks good reinsert it in the phone and reset your network settings

View solution in original post

Oracle

@wg007 

Your SIM card may be moved around a bit inside the SIM card slot.  Take you SIM out and insert it again.  Reboot your phone and report result.

I purchased it from Best Buy as an open box, so I assume they verified that it was not a blacklisted item. 
It's a Samsung Galaxy A50, purchased in mid-June. 
My Account Status is Active.
I've tried restarting it, and I've tried toggling airplane mode on/off. 
I don't remember getting a text about a port. 
Good questions, all! 

Mayor / Maire

@wg007  Restart your device. If that message doesn't go away then your device has been blacklisted. To verify test you sim in another phone. If it connects to the network then you will need a new phone.

Mayor / Maire

@wg007 . It would be best to get in touch with the moderators for assistance. Two ways to reach them.

1-

Simon.JPG

2- or via private message if simon the chat bot is giving you issues. The private message link is below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hope they can resolve your issue.

Welp, I feel really dumb now. That's exactly it- the SIM card came loose. Didn't know it could do that! Happy for the simple solution and very grateful for the assistance, everyone. Much obliged. 

Mayor / Maire

You can check here with your IMEI to see if it has been blacklisted

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Best Buy is a reputable company. You may be able to get a refund if there's a problem.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same problem with a Galaxy S4 mini.

Had that phone with PM originally, then switched to aniPhone 4 and now back to the Samsung.

With the SIM card in the iPhone 4 I get connected to the network, with the Samsung I don't.

Do I somehow need to register the Samsung IMEI number?

Need Help? Let's chat.