cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving txts or group txts

Yanwj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My main problem is receiving group txts from both people using Iphones and Androids. Never used to be a problem, but now I just don't receive a single one. Also the occasional direct txt msg from one person to me isn't working. Any suggestions? Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Yanwj Just in case you are still having problems try the following:

1. turn iMessages and Facetime OFF, wait 5 minutes and turn ON. This will reset Apple's servers.
  2. go to Settings >> Messages >> iMessage ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON, Group Messaging ON >> Send & Receive should show your PM phone number, and Apple ID in case you want to use iMessage on wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Yanwj, what phone and texting app are you using?  I sense that is the likely source of the problem.  If the texting feature in your plan works even once, there is no reason for the system to selectively not work every time.  If you want to rule out any possibilities of account related issues, you can always ask the modertor team to give the account a reset.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Group texts require MMS, so check and see if your data is on when you are, or more correctly aren't receiving these texts.

Also, you can check your MMS setting in your APN settings:

These are mine:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80