cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts

wanderer11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This may be a Mod question but anyone have issues with not receiving incoming texts? Has been happening to me sporadically the past few days where I am not receiving texts when people send them. Outgoing texts from my phone seem to be going through okay.

5 REPLIES 5

alannasonfire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you dropped your phone lately... my antenna on one of my old phones was broken and I thought it was a bad connection with public mobile.... Turned out I needed a new phone. May not be the problem though. Check with a mod.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wanderer11 It is abnormal. Could you try restart your phone. If the problem continues, contact the moderator directly.

wanderer11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am using an Android ( A20S) have not modified my plan or signed up to US roaming. They are regular texts, not multimedia type texts.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@wanderer11 wrote:

This may be a Mod question but anyone have issues with not receiving incoming texts? Has been happening to me sporadically the past few days where I am not receiving texts when people send them. Outgoing texts from my phone seem to be going through okay.

Have you recently had the US roaming add-on on your account?  It is a known bug for these symptoms when the plan expires.  If not have you restarted your phone?  What type of phone are you using?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wanderer11 wrote:

If you are using iPhone, you need to configure iMessage to send and receive text using the regular text channel in order for the non-iPhone user to receive/send to text message.

Need Help? Let's chat.