cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts or phone calls...

PDub
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A few days ago I realized that most of the time, people calling me were automatically being sent directly to voice mail. Today I realized that I am not receiving any cellular texts. I have an iPhone 6s and am still receiving iMessages but not SMS/MMS texts. I can make calls without problems. FWIW, I upgraded to iOS 12.1 just before this became a problem. 

What should I do to fix this?

9 REPLIES 9

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PDub wrote:

@poppingThank you! That fixed the problem in 5 minutes.

You are welcome.  Enjoy your PM mobile service.

PDub

@poppingThank you! That fixed the problem in 5 minutes.

popping

@PDub wrote:

@poppingHi. What is the stolen/lost phone trick?

1.  Login to your self-serve account.

2.  Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]

3.  Logoff

4.  Wait 5 minutes and login again

5.  Report your phone found.

6.  Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help.  But the wait is about 48 - 72 hours.  Good luck.

PDub

@poppingHi. What is the stolen/lost phone trick?

popping

@PDub wrote:

Hi. No, haven't done a number port. I can't tell from your post if that's a possible cause of or a possible solution to my problem. Will have a look at link you posted. Thanks for replying.

If you have not ported a number from other provider, your account may not be provisioned correctly.  You may try the stolen/lost phone trick to run the provisioning software again.

@PDub wrote:

@will13am, the link you posted is permanently deleted for some reason.

Thank you.  I used the wrong macro.  I was doing it on my phone and wasn't paying close enough attention. 

PDub

@will13am, the link you posted is permanently deleted for some reason.

PDub

Hi. No, haven't done a number port. I can't tell from your post if that's a possible cause of or a possible solution to my problem. Will have a look at link you posted. Thanks for replying.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@PDub, did you do a number port?  The symptom you have reported is synonymous with a stuck port.  If the port has been submitted more than about 4 hours ago and the symptom persists, then you will need to seek moderator team assistance to resubmit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.