cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages, but can send them, place and receive calls

Mmmich
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I'm relatively new to Public Mobile (2 months) but the service has been great so far.

Beginning last night I stopped receiving text messages. Through verification with friends I've been able to confirm I can send text messsages and they receive them, and I can send and receive calls.  The only problem is I am not receiving text messages they send me. Everything else works fine.

I have tried several proposed fixes, including reboot, removing reinstalling SIM card, clearing memory and cache, checking/updating settings, updating App version and ensuring operating system is up to date.  I have also downloaded a third party messaging app, which doesn't fix the problem.

I have a Google Pixel version 1 phone, running Android version 9 which is up to date.

Can anyone help?  Is anyone able to rule out this has any link to Public Mobile?

Mich

9 REPLIES 9

Mmmich

I'm still waiting for moderators' response. The website says issues are often resolved within the hour, but in peak times can take up to 48 hours.  Is it normal to wait nearer the 48 hours than the 1 hour?

@Mmmich wrote:

I have the $135/90 day 3G plan.  I have plenty of data available. I have unlimited international text, and talk Canada and US.

I checked my text messages and the last incoming text message is the last one I see on my phone. 

@MmmichCan't be you phone because they are not even showing up in your account usage logs. Did you just get back from the US?  If yes, then @ShawnC13  has provided the fix/solution.

Edit: Maybe ask the moderators to reset anyway.

Mmmich

Indeed I did have a US roaming add on expire, though it expired over a week ago.  I continued receiving text messages until yesterday.  I purchased the 10-day package on April 18th, so it presumably expired on April 28th.

@Mmmich wrote:

I have the $135/90 day 3G plan.  I have plenty of data available. I have unlimited international text, and talk Canada and US.

I checked my text messages and the last incoming text message is the last one I see on my phone. 

Did you recently have a US roaming addon expire?  It is a known glitch where you can't receive text messages for a day or so after it expires.  Itself corrects or you can contact the mods to reset this for you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mmmich

Also confirmed I am not blocking specific users. 

Mmmich

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mmmich wrote:

Hi I'm relatively new to Public Mobile (2 months) but the service has been great so far.

Beginning last night I stopped receiving text messages. Through verification with friends I've been able to confirm I can send text messsages and they receive them, and I can send and receive calls.  The only problem is I am not receiving text messages they send me. Everything else works fine.

I have tried several proposed fixes, including reboot, removing reinstalling SIM card, clearing memory and cache, checking/updating settings, updating App version and ensuring operating system is up to date.  I have also downloaded a third party messaging app, which doesn't fix the problem.

I have a Google Pixel version 1 phone, running Android version 9 which is up to date.

Can anyone help?  Is anyone able to rule out this has any link to Public Mobile?

Mich

@Mmmich  What plan are you on? Make sure your not blocking texts accidentally via blocked contacts. Login to selfserve and check your usage activity to see if the texts are getting logged as incoming. If it's still a problem in a couple of hours maybe let a moderator know so that the can check your account on the backend.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Mmmich

Thanks Will13am.  Will do!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mmmich, there has been recent service interruptions to accounts, mostly related to calls.  These issues have been officially reported as resolved.  You might need to contact the moderator team to see if there is a bug specifically affecting your account.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.