cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving any incoming calls or texts

kami
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated the sim about 3 hours ago and have restarted my phone multiple times, but still can't receive any texts or calls from others. 

12 REPLIES 12

@barkachr wrote:

make sure you place your SIM card in the right deriction,first thing i will check if i was you

The notch will ensure proper placement. 

barkachr

make sure you place your SIM card in the right deriction,first thing i will check if i was you

kami

I have messaged the mods a while ago, hopefully everything goes well.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

its not odd.  when porting pm assigns teh number to you right away.  its teh incoming calls that takes time to assign.

out of curiosity do you know anyone on publik koodo or telus that could call you.  I am tring to deterime when there is a stuck port if telus family numbers calling a stuck port go to the orriginal sim or the public mobile sim.

kami

Yup, I popped in my old sim a few minutes ago and everything is working

@kami wrote:

That's odd. I am still able to send texts and make calls just fine on the public mobile sim but no incoming texts/calls.

Porting is weird. There is a short period of time where you can have service on both sims with the same number. When I ported my number last I kept my old sim in 1 phone, and my new sim in a new phone and I was text messaging myself, to 2 different phone with the same number. Your service may start working properly any minute or you may have a partially completed port and it will never be working properly without the intervention of a moderator. The amount of time you want to wait is up to you. If it was me I would message them asap as the line up is long.

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kami do you have your old SIM? Put it into your phone and see if you can still receive texts/calls. If so, you’ll confirm an incomplete port.

kami

That's odd. I am still able to send texts and make calls just fine on the public mobile sim but no incoming texts/calls.

@kami wrote:

Thanks, I put in my old sim and it started working. How long does the complete transfer usually take?

Sounds like the port might have failed all together. Definitly send a private message to the moderator team as the customer can only request the first port

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kamiports shoudl not take longer than 2-3 hours if its from a cell phone and i blelieve  24-48 from landlines.

I would  message teh mods asking them to reset teh port.  please give only your old account number and name exatly as on your bill (even if mis spelt).

kami

Thanks, I put in my old sim and it started working. How long does the complete transfer usually take?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@kami wrote:

I activated the sim about 3 hours ago and have restarted my phone multiple times, but still can't receive any texts or calls from others. 

From what I have seen it often takes more than 3 hours. Since you just ported it takes some time, keep every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. There can be weird issues for a short period of time.  You can put your old sim card in and see if your old service is still working if you need to make calls.

If the issue continues you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along. They are pretty busy and has been taking 48+ hours to get a response so it might be a good idea to get your message in now.  Click this to send them a message and make sure to include all of your information you have, phone number, account number, pin and the issue you are having.

They will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.