cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting email notifications.

KristinaHoogs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone know why I don’t receive new email notifications? I have to manually refresh my inbox in order to see my new emails. 

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@UnhappyMe wrote:

The systen won't recognize my email for a P/W reset thus I cannot get in my account. What's with this outfit?

The password reset's a bit flaky but that's not your immediate problem.

This outfit has several quirks that we fellow customers come to know and live with.

Did you get any kind of welcome email from here? That would be your email address. Maybe there was a typo somewhere though.

You'll need moderator assistance to get in.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

UnhappyMe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The systen won't recognize my email for a P/W reset thus I cannot get in my account. What's with this outfit?

@KristinaHoogs wrote:

Thank you. It’s an iPhone 8 Plus and I think it’s a common problem for users. I have everything set to Fetch and Push is on aswell. The fetch is set every 15 mins. I still must refresh the inbox to get new emails.

Here's 2 things to check

1- On the "fetch new data" at the bottom make sure it is set to "automatically"

2- Settings - Notifications - mail. Select Allow Notifications to "on"

EDIT: I just test turning off "allow notifications" and after logging into my phone it took a short time before the new email showed up. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KristinaHoogs wrote:

Thank you. It’s an iPhone 8 Plus and I think it’s a common problem for users. I have everything set to Fetch and Push is on aswell. The fetch is set every 15 mins. I still must refresh the inbox to get new emails.

Are you connecting via POP or IMAP? Or is that a thing in the Apple sandbox? 🙂

KristinaHoogs

@KristinaHoogs wrote:

I do mean emails. I do not receive any emails on my phone (including Public Mobile messages) without refreshing my inbox. 

If it is an iphone it is settings - accounts and passwords - fetch new data

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KristinaHoogs wrote:

I do mean emails. I do not receive any emails on my phone (including Public Mobile messages) without refreshing my inbox. 

Then that's on your phone. Maybe there's a setting to have it automatically check for emails every now and again.

I don't think this is anything to do with PM.

KristinaHoogs

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KristinaHoogs wrote:

Anyone know why I don’t receive new email notifications? I have to manually refresh my inbox in order to see my new emails. 

Are you certain you actually mean to say emails?

Are you really asking about private messages?

Need Help? Let's chat.