cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting all texts to my number

Janet5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having problems with receiving text messages from all my iPhone friends. The messages are going to someone else. Do I need to change my #?

7 REPLIES 7

@Janet5 the issue is your phone number is linked to someone's apple ID.

go to this website and enter your phone number in to deregister the number from the iMessage account

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

@Janet5 wrote:

All I know is I have given my new phone number to contacts. Only having problems with

iphone people. Someone else does reply and it is not me nor does it register anywhere

on my android phone. They do seem to be able to text after they shut off iMessage.

This seems very bizarre for them to change what they have to do to text me?

@Janet5  To be clear: you have an Android phone but texts from Apple users to your phone number go to someone else? Only 2 possibilities:

a) your iPhone friends have a different phone number for you in their Contacts, or

b) your new phone number was incorrectly assigned to you.

Ask a friend with an iPhone to send you a message (or send me a private message and I will text you) by entering your number manually. If it still goes to someone else you need to get a new number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Janet5 :So the problem is definitely with your phone settings or with all their iPhones settings...do you know what phone number is replying to their texts? Do you know who it is who's phone? You said someone else receives and replies to their texts. 

Janet5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

All I know is I have given my new phone number to contacts. Only having problems with

iphone people. Someone else does reply and it is not me nor does it register anywhere

on my android phone. They do seem to be able to text after they shut off iMessage.

This seems very bizarre for them to change what they have to do to text me?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Janet5 

If you also cannot make or receive calls, check the following.

In your self service account, choose Change Sim Card.

Ensure the last 4 digits on the self-serve SIM number match your SIM card to ensure you have not been sim jacked. 

If they do not match, while still on the self-serve account, put your phone in lost/stolen mode and change the password. Then check and secure all your financials.

From, there, contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system - faster response time. Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
  2. Send a private message to the moderator through the following link  here

@Janet5 wrote:

Having problems with receiving text messages from all my iPhone friends. The messages are going to someone else. Do I need to change my #?

I would try unlinking your phone number from iMessage, turn off iMessage, and enable SMS in your phone's settings. If you start receiving text messages from iPhone users after that, you can work from there.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Janet5 :So when they text your phone number it going to another number? Or to another phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.