cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough space on Samsung Galaxy to view Gallery, however storage shows 191 MB available.

ldempster70
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My Samsung GT-S7560M Android version 4.0.4 keeps giving me an error message when I try to view the Gallery that there is not enough space and I need to delete unnecessary files. I have 191 MB available according to the Storage info in Settings.

11 REPLIES 11

@ldempster70,

You're welcome !

ldempster70

You are right, thank you! Not sure how I missed that. I may try to work with this as an interim solution, and see if it improves overall performance.

@ldempster70,

I have that phone in my drawer and I confirm you that the option is available when you click on the camera setting menu.

You must scroll down. This is the last option in the menu.

I suggest you to purchase a newer phone. This model is slow and buggy.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Is it under your phone settings? Not sure as I have never owned an Ace.

ldempster70

The camera settings on this model do not actually include storage options, so I can't change it. I guess it's a poor performer indeed and I should look into upgrading to a new phone.

@ldempster70,

You can indeed configure your camera settings to automatically save pictures or videos that you take on your external SD card.

Open the camera, click on the gear icon at the top left, a menu will appear, navigate at the bottom of the menu, then click on storage. Choose SD card.

The Samsung GT-S7560M is a legacy device with very poor performance. Samsung does not offer anymore firmware updates for Android.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
You can also hook your phone up to a computer and move any photos over to it I suspect and also delete from the pc/laptop.

ldempster70

Thank you. Here is more a more detailed description of the issue courtesy of a more tech-savvy friend, in case it's helpful:

I keep running out of space to the point where I can't even access the gallery to delete photos to make more space. I would like to set the camera to save to the SD drive instead of main memory (ie, store my gallery on the SD drive) but the instructions online for doing this involve a step in camera settings that doesn't seem to be available in my version of camera. Can anyone tell me how I can do this? I am also wondering if it is possible to upgrade to a later version of Android with this model. Maybe that would give me the storage options other people have.

@ldempster70,

Uninstall unnecessary applications, download from Google Play Store a cache cleaner application, move your mp3, pictures, movies on your external SD card.

Everything you save on your phone is saved by default on the internal memory.

You must move it manually to your SD card.

ldempster70

Thank you. I have already cleaned up and have almost no photos and no MP3 files at all. My existing SD card shows 1.77GB available and I don't think anything is saving there. Is there a way to set that up or do I need to go with an external card?

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@ldempster70,

You can do a cleanup and add a external microSD card to save your pictures or mp3 on it.

Need Help? Let's chat.