cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not consistently sending texts samsung s9

I just got a Samsung s9 and my phone fails to consistently send text messages. Sometimes it sends right away, sometimes it takes a couple minutes, sometimes it can take up to 15 minutes, all while the network shows strong bars. At first I thought it was the phone so I asked the seller to send me one to replace the Samsung s9.  However I'm having the same issue on the new phone. If I restart the phone, I can usually send the first couple of texts with no issue and then the issue starts again. Sometimes I get a notice saying the message couldn't send cause the network was lost. Could this be an issue with my sim card? 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Not consistently sending texts samsung s9

@Hannah5 wrote:

I just got a Samsung s9 and my phone fails to consistently send text messages. Sometimes it sends right away, sometimes it takes a couple minutes, sometimes it can take up to 15 minutes, all while the network shows strong bars. At first I thought it was the phone so I asked the seller to send me one to replace the Samsung s9.  However I'm having the same issue on the new phone. If I restart the phone, I can usually send the first couple of texts with no issue and then the issue starts again. Sometimes I get a notice saying the message couldn't send cause the network was lost. Could this be an issue with my sim card? 

It sounds to me, especially since you've already replaced the phone, that you could be is a bad signal area. The obvious trouble shooting tips would be try someone else's Public Mobile sim card in your phone to see if this is an account problem. I would also try to observe if this issue presents itself in other locations while you're using your phone.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Hannah5 try resetting your network settings

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm

4. Restart your phone and try testing

Highlighted
Oracle

@Hannah5 , if you did lose signal you would see it on the phone.  Normally it should take a few seconds if that to send the text.  During the time the sent button is depressed, if there is a signal and phone is not disconnected from the network it would send right away.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Hannah5  What application are you using to send texts? Best to download Google messages from there Play store. If you are using Google messages go into settings and make sure RCS is not configured.

Also go into settings Apps select the messages app select clear cache and force stop then restart your device.

Also make sure you are connecting to LTE.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Hannah5  you can also try resetting  the text app. 

1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
  2. Tap Settings > Apps.
  3. Find and tap Messages.
  4. Tap Storage.
  5. Tap Clear cache.
  6. Tap Clear data and then tap OK.
  7. Reboot your phone.

Stay safe.

Highlighted

I tried this.. but no improvement sadly 

Highlighted

Good idea. I'll try this and provide an update. 

Highlighted

I have tried now with another public mobile sim in the same location as well as try in different places, and the problem persists. 😞 

Highlighted

I tried this, but it did not fix the issue