cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not consistently sending texts samsung s9

Hannah5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got a Samsung s9 and my phone fails to consistently send text messages. Sometimes it sends right away, sometimes it takes a couple minutes, sometimes it can take up to 15 minutes, all while the network shows strong bars. At first I thought it was the phone so I asked the seller to send me one to replace the Samsung s9.  However I'm having the same issue on the new phone. If I restart the phone, I can usually send the first couple of texts with no issue and then the issue starts again. Sometimes I get a notice saying the message couldn't send cause the network was lost. Could this be an issue with my sim card? 

14 REPLIES 14

@Hannah5 I'm late to the party but I use an S9 with PM and have not experienced any issues texting.

@Hannah5 Bacup p you're phone and do a factory reset. then see if the issue still persists. you might as well update your phone to the latest security update before you factory reset.

@Hannah5 wrote:

Yes, I swapped the sims in different phones (both public mobile - and other phone is a Huawei). My sim worked in the other phone and the other sim still had the same issue in the Samsung S9. At this point I'm thinking it's an issue with S9s? Now that I have tried 2 S9 phones. I would love to hear if anyone has also had this issue with S9s specifically. 

@Hannah5  Definitely a problem with your S9s. S9 are pretty solid phones and should work well with Public's network. In your case, I think it's the source of purchase that is the problem.

Hannah5

Yes, I swapped the sims in different phones (both public mobile - and other phone is a Huawei). My sim worked in the other phone and the other sim still had the same issue in the Samsung S9. At this point I'm thinking it's an issue with S9s? Now that I have tried 2 S9 phones. I would love to hear if anyone has also had this issue with S9s specifically. 

@Hannah5 wrote:

I have tried now with another public mobile sim in the same location as well as try in different places, and the problem persists. 😞 

@Hannah5  What about trying your sim in another person's phone? Non S9 and not from the same person that sold you the S9.

Hannah5

I tried this, but it did not fix the issue 

Hannah5

I have tried now with another public mobile sim in the same location as well as try in different places, and the problem persists. 😞 

Hannah5

Good idea. I'll try this and provide an update. 

Hannah5

I tried this.. but no improvement sadly 

@Hannah5  you can also try resetting  the text app. 

1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
  2. Tap Settings > Apps.
  3. Find and tap Messages.
  4. Tap Storage.
  5. Tap Clear cache.
  6. Tap Clear data and then tap OK.
  7. Reboot your phone.

Stay safe.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Hannah5  What application are you using to send texts? Best to download Google messages from there Play store. If you are using Google messages go into settings and make sure RCS is not configured.

Also go into settings Apps select the messages app select clear cache and force stop then restart your device.

Also make sure you are connecting to LTE.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Hannah5 , if you did lose signal you would see it on the phone.  Normally it should take a few seconds if that to send the text.  During the time the sent button is depressed, if there is a signal and phone is not disconnected from the network it would send right away.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Hannah5 try resetting your network settings

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm

4. Restart your phone and try testing

@Hannah5 wrote:

I just got a Samsung s9 and my phone fails to consistently send text messages. Sometimes it sends right away, sometimes it takes a couple minutes, sometimes it can take up to 15 minutes, all while the network shows strong bars. At first I thought it was the phone so I asked the seller to send me one to replace the Samsung s9.  However I'm having the same issue on the new phone. If I restart the phone, I can usually send the first couple of texts with no issue and then the issue starts again. Sometimes I get a notice saying the message couldn't send cause the network was lost. Could this be an issue with my sim card? 

It sounds to me, especially since you've already replaced the phone, that you could be is a bad signal area. The obvious trouble shooting tips would be try someone else's Public Mobile sim card in your phone to see if this is an account problem. I would also try to observe if this issue presents itself in other locations while you're using your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.