cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to receive phone calls after porting my number from other carrier

asotov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I completed the porting request to transfer my phone number, after the changes happened, I am able to make phone calls, but I am not able to receive phone calls.

9 REPLIES 9

joepublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@asotov wrote:

I completed the porting request to transfer my phone number, after the changes happened, I am able to make phone calls, but I am not able to receive phone calls.

Fongo is a VOIP provider so it takes a lot longer to complete the port. From the sounds of it it's only 50% done. So you can continues to use Fongo for outgoing calls until the port is 100% complete. You will know when the port is complete when you won;t be able to make calls from Fongo.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@asotov wrote:

Porting from Fongo can take days.  Your port is not complete.  You continue to receive at Fongo until port complete.

teeth1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i signed up yesterday and this happened to me as well. you will get an email saying that your number has been transferred successfully. once you get that, you'll be able to receive phone calls. mine took about 30 mins to get after my account was activated but it may take longer. hope that helps and u are up and running soon.

Did you received a message that your phone number was ported ok with public mobile? Can you still use your old sim in your phone?

Is it possible to port a number with fongo???

asotov

I completed the porting yesterday, and just passed the 24 hrs.

asotov

Fongo is the name of the company.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@asotov, cellular number ports typically take between 30 and 120 minutes to complete.  Sometimes it can take a bit longer.  If porting is not complete after about 4 hours, it is likely stuck and require resubmission by the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

With which company you were?? @asotov 

It can take few days for port a number..

Need Help? Let's chat.