Justinkoncen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

24 REPLIES 24

@Martin wrote:

Why and how did you delete my post?

Apparently I can do magic!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
We hope you get a quick resolution to your problems.

Justinkoncen
Thanks a lot for all the advice and support will be checking in back later have to go.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I was all ready for the lynching, then I realize DKs family by marriage. Maybe next time 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend

Why and how did you delete my post?

Martin
Legend
Legend

Deleted by 7789849803.

*ahem*, I mean...you traitor! Smiley Tongue

Wow, that's amazing to hear. Yeah, maybe you should stick to that plan as long as you can, given the deal you're getting.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@7789849803 It's a corporate plan thru my work that is no longer offered. I forgot that I got a $200 credit for porting from Telus as well when I did it just over two years ago so basically got a free iPhone that I promptly sold and made $600 on as well. So win, win. Don't and won't see that anymore. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @DK,

I'm also interested in your plan. Is it corporate, grandfathered, etc.?

@DK I'm super interested to know how you're getting all THAT for $55 with any carrier. Give us the scoop!

DK

@7789849803@Martin when public can offer unlimited North American voice, unlimited international text with 5 gb of data and now wifi calling for $55/month I will gladly switch. 

As I have always maintained it is my lovely wife that is a PM customer and hopefully my son soon. (Waiting on sim)

(Probably not) traitors, that's what the world is coming to!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

I feel betrayed, absolutely betrayed, in learning that @DK is a Rogers' customer.

Betrayed, I tell ya, absolutely betrayed.

What's the world coming to?

TRAITOR!!! (but probably not a traitor)

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @DK,

Say it ain't so that you're a Rogers' customer!

Me

DK

When you have the nano sim installed in your i5 what does it show in the top left corner of the device screen. Does it show bars of reception and public mobile listed as the carrier? Or does it show no Sim or no service? If no service,  the sim isn't activated or your phone maybe blacklisted depending on where you got it.

In order to take a screenshot on an iPhone you need to hold the home and sleep/wake button down simultaneously for a sec and it will take it. To post it you will need to be on the full version of the forum or PC website address of community forum and not the mobile site.

As you can see from my screenshot, I use Rogers and usually there would be five units of reception where the WiFi icon would be. If you Sim is active you should have Public Mobile where mine says Rogers WiFi.

IMG_0170.PNG

deltatux

@Justinkoncen wrote:
New account with a add-on of talk option and not able to make or receive calls.

Hi @Justinkoncen,

I understand it can be quite frustrating when your service doesn't work as expected. Let's see how we can get this fixed. Before we continue, this seems to be a common occurence, did you add any unlimited provincial-wide or nation-wide talk options on your account? If you didn't, that's the cause of your issues.

You must choose either a provincial-wide or nation-wide talk option in order to be able to use voice services on Public Mobile. Add-ons only add on top of these talk options and cannot be used independently fromt them.

Hope this helps.

deltatux

Hey @Justinkoncen. No, I'm not a PM rep - just a regular customer of PM - just like you. You can tell the PM reps apart on this community by the tiny PM logo that appears right by their web handles.

If you're unsure about being able to take a screenshot from your phone, I would suggest trying to copy-paste the details of the plan you're on. I'm basically just trying to figure out if you have any calling features enabled on your plan currently. If you do, your inability to make calls is an account issue that needs to be investigated. If you don't, you should contact PM to get a refund on your 200 minutes add-on, because you will never be able to use it, and should not even have been able to buy it in the first place.

Justinkoncen
Mr/Ms 7789849803 I assume you are a PM rep or just a really knowledgeable person who can help me with this problem.

Justinkoncen
Hi how can I do a screenshot on a phone

@Justinkoncen Can you please share a screenshot from self-serve showing details of the plan you're on? If you don't have unlimited province-wide or canada-wide calling on your plan, the 200 minutes North America calling add-on should not have been available for you to purchase.

Justinkoncen
Cannot receive or make calls on my plan, it is a brand new account with a talk option of 200 mins. Please help PM cause I need it.

Justinkoncen
New account with a add-on of talk option and not able to make or receive calls.
Need Help? Let's chat.