Did you mean: 

Not able to receive calls

Benji
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can not receive calls. 

15 REPLIES 15

buang99
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anyone having this issue need not to worry. It will work within an hour or two, just give it some time for the carrier to transfer ports.. I had the same issue before I was able to call and receiving text but not receiving calls, and after some time (10mins?) I was able to receive calls and enjoyed my public mobile. 🙂

@Benji wrote:

Can receive text messages. Able to receive calls from some but other get a this phone is not in service

@Benji  You will only be able to receive calls/texts from other Public Mobile (Telus) members while waiting for the port to complete.

@Benji wrote:

Bell contract ended on sat. Started with public on Sunday. 

@Benji  If your contract will Bell on Saturday then you should have activated your PM card on Thursday of Friday because your Bell account needs to be activate for a port to be successful.

@Benji wrote:

Your account at Bell needs to remain active for the port to succeed. If you cancelled your account at Bell since the contract ended, you need to re-activate it at Bell, then advise a PM moderator to retry porting the numbers to the Public Mobile accounts again.

@Benji  your Bell account had to be active to port your number. Log into your self service account, go to the plan page and see what number is showing there. Thanks.

Benji

It is an iPhone 8. My son also started same day and he is also having issues. 

Benji

yes

@Benji  whats the make amd model of your phone? Thanks. Try a network rest and restart your phone 

Your sim didnt provision properly. Contact the moderators, ask them to reset your service. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

Benji

Benji

Can receive text messages. Able to receive calls from some but other get a this phone is not in service

Benji

Can receive texts. Some people can my number and others can’t. Don’t have old SIM card. Did the port over Sunday night

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Benji 

Is everything else working?

@Benji just put your old providers SIM back into your phone to receive calls/ texts. When it stops your port is complete. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Benji wrote:

Can not receive calls. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Benji wrote:

Can not receive calls. 

@Benji  If you just ported in your number you won't be able to receive calls until your previous provider releases you number to Public Mobile. That can take up to 4 hours.

If you are not porting in then check your privacy settings on your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.