Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to make calls

changegiverdesk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am not able to make calls however I can send messages. Data is working too

18 REPLIES 18

@McRaeWrites wrote:

Sent a message to the moderator team. Is there no e-mail ticket system?

@McRaeWrites   If you've asked for a password reset, then the email/notice is usually received within a few mins, so keep checking your email/notice feed, including your junk folder as sometimes the notice gets directed there depending upon your email settings.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@McRaeWrites wrote:

No e-mail support here. Everything is done in SIMon and private messaging.

McRaeWrites
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

mm80

@McRaeWrites wrote:

Can confirm, it's only calls. I try to make them and it gives me a robotic message saying it's not in my plan, but is. It connects to the public mobile robot just fine. Also, saying I can't reset my password and such now?

You hear the robotic message. That means that phone is compatible for voice/talk.  This sounds like a account provisioning issue. Go to the site https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support  shown earlier and open up a ticket or if that doesn't work, use the private message link given before for Moderator_Team.

@McRaeWrites wrote:

I tried the clearing and going incognito. Part of my problem is that it won't let me reset my password to log in, and it won't let me submit a ticket via Simon without logging in. Is there no e-mail ticket system to elevate this problem to?

@McRaeWrites   Use the other link in my post to private message moderators instead of going through the chatbot.

Edit:  when you private message moderators, then you need to watch for a response from them by checking the envelope icon top right (next to your avatar).  The response time can be anywhere from 1-48 hours, usually you should hear back under 2 hours though.

McRaeWrites

I tried the clearing and going incognito. Part of my problem is that it won't let me reset my password to log in, and it won't let me submit a ticket via Simon without logging in. Is there no e-mail ticket system to elevate this problem to?

@McRaeWrites wrote:

I switched over a few months ago and have not had any issues thus far. Also, it won't let me log into my account now OR reset my password. It says fix the highlighted in red, and then just has a message saying I can't do it. Have restarted phone several times now.

@McRaeWrites   Try clearing your cache/cookies and use a different browser with incognito/private mode enabled.  Sometimes the PM website can be glitchy so waiting a little while before retrying is a good idea too.

Edit:  If you're unable to reset your password from the forgot password link, then contact moderators either via SIMon ? mark bottom right to submit a ticket or private message Moderator_Team via this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

McRaeWrites

I switched over a few months ago and have not had any issues thus far. Also, it won't let me log into my account now OR reset my password. It says fix the highlighted in red, and then just has a message saying I can't do it. Have restarted phone several times now.

@McRaeWrites wrote:

I have a Public Mobile message pop up saying: "Sorry, you don't have this service, if you would like it blah blah blah." 

I pay for this service and have had no problems until today for at least a month or two.

@McRaeWrites   Did your account just go through renewal and if it did, was the payment successful?  What plan are you on?

Perhaps try rebooting your phone once or twice.  Another thing to try is log into your account, select plans/add-ons tab, then phone lost and suspend service.  Log out wait couple of mins and log back in and resume service, log out and restart your phone. 

McRaeWrites

Can confirm, it's only calls. I try to make them and it gives me a robotic message saying it's not in my plan, but is. It connects to the public mobile robot just fine. Also, saying I can't reset my password and such now?

mm80

@hairbag1 wrote:

If you recently ported your phone number from your old cell netwwork, it could take awhile for that process to complete. Until then you can continue using the old sim card to make calls.

When the old one quits working, try your new PM sim.

Outgoing calls aren't working. That's not a porting thing.

mm80

@changegiverdesk wrote:

Can you receive calls?  Data and.text is working, so if this a new phone being used for Public, check if does the 3g network on 850 or 1900. Without those, talk won't work.

McRaeWrites

I have a Public Mobile message pop up saying: "Sorry, you don't have this service, if you would like it blah blah blah." 

I pay for this service and have had no problems until today for at least a month or two.

McRaeWrites

I am now having this same issue out of the blue. Everything was fine yesterday. Samsung S20 so the phone is fine.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@changegiverdesk wrote:

@changegiverdesk   You can try rebooting the phone.  Another thing to try is to power off the phone, remove the SIM, wait a couple of mins, then reinsert SIM and restart your phone.

Perhaps you can answer some of the questions being asked as to whether you've just activated/ported your number, or are on the limited mins plan in which case maybe you just need to buy the $5/500 mins add-on to continue making calls until your renewal?

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you on the $15 plan? That plan has 100 outgoing minutes. Can you receive calls?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If you recently ported your phone number from your old cell netwwork, it could take awhile for that process to complete. Until then you can continue using the old sim card to make calls.

When the old one quits working, try your new PM sim.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@changegiverdesk can you receive calls and messages? What's the make and model of your phone?  Is this a new activation and did you port your number? Thanks. 

Need Help? Let's chat.