cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

None of suggested methods works for my voicemail unable

ahnseong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

These are the three best methods recommended for me to extend my phone ringing instead of my voicemail.    

1. Phone app > Tap on the Menu button > Settings (or Call Settings) > Call Forwarding.

==> I have no call forwarding option on my Galaxy s7 edge so I can't.  

2. Dial *#61# from your phone. Tap Send

- You should see a new screen that displays a bunch of information about what's getting forwarded. You should see a line under "Voice Call Forwarding" that says "Forwards to +11234567890" (where 11234567890 is an eleven digit phone number, likely different from your phone number). Write down this number and tap Dismiss

- Now, dial **61*+11234567890*11*XX# and hit Send, where 11234567890 is the number that you found in step two and XX is the number of seconds you want to wait until voicemail picks up. You can set it in increments of 5, where 30 seconds is the maximum.

==> Message "Call forwarding when no reply service has been turned off."  No idea what that means.  

3. dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN. 

• In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
  • then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
  • then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages. 
  • Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
  • Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.  Problem solved!

==> I don't want this method.  I just want my phone ring and ring for a while. 

10 REPLIES 10

Ah this is the thread @Anonymous was referring to in another thread of mine. Indeed 30 seconds is the max for the unanswered conditional call forward with Public Mobile. The default is 25 seconds. It cannot be disabled entirely to allow ringing forever. 30 seconds is the equivalent of about 5 rings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ahnseong wrote:

Sorry, I don't want this solution. What I want exactly is keep ringing 8 times or more in order to make the receiver have enough time to answer. 

Isn't this possible in PM system? 

You've asked the question a couple times over a couple weeks and no conclusion. I would say it's not possible to have the phone ring for so long. Those rings don't  ring on the phone. It's just a lost internal ring to the caller.

ahnseong

Sorry, I don't want this solution. What I want exactly is keep ringing 8 times or more in order to make the receiver have enough time to answer. 

Isn't this possible in PM system? 

ahnseong

I found how to forward my voicemail to another number. But I still got in trouble. What do you mean that forward mine to foreign number and edit as per ?? The foreign number meaning unexisting number ?  

I have tried to set it up with unexisting number and I can hear "no longer serviced". 

If I forward to existing number, yes it rings 8 times max. but that's not what I want. I want only ringing 8 times without no one answers.   

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for choosing my response as the solution @ahnseong . Glad that we could help you.  Have a great week. 

To set up call forwarding- https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

@ahnseong wrote:

As I said, I have no call forwarding option on my phone. 

ahnseong

As I said, I have no call forwarding option on my phone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

@ahnseong forward your voicemail to a foreign number it will never pickup and your phone will ring indefinitely.

Have you tried it? It does not go indefinitely. Iirc Nezgar says 8 rings. Iirc I barely get something like a busy signal and then dead.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ahnseong forward your voicemail to a foreign number and edit as per @Anonymous  it will ring max 8 times. Thanks. @Anonymous 

Need Help? Let's chat.