cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-smartphone w/Querty Keyboard that Works With PM

monwe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am dedicated to having a simple, non-smartphone, after having used a smartphone for years. It feels better mentally for me to not have a smartphone. The only problem I've encountered is texting--T9 and using the number keys to text is awkward, and it no longer feels socially acceptable to not capitalize words and use texting spelling like "u". 

I know that I could get a small bluetooth keyboard for my flip phone, but that feels unweildy. I would really like an old slider phone, and could do some work on Ebay to get one--but I want to be sure that the phone would work on Public Mobile, and I don't know enough about what specs are neccessary to go ahead and purchase one.

If I list a few old slider keyboard models below, is anybody able to tell me which ones would work with Public Mobile? I know that with 3G/4G most of these phones might not work, but if there was an option for me to change my Public plan to use a phone with a Querty Keyboard, I'd do it! :

Samsung Intensity (Samsung SCH-U450)

LG Rumor

LG Cosmos 3

Motorolla Moto EX430

I don't care if they can access a browser, so long as they are not easy to use the internet on. 

If anyone could help, that would be excellent. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can get an used unlocked Blackberry BOLD 9900 from Kijiji.  Make sure that you don't get a CDMA Blackberry.  Make sure that has a SIM card slot and it is unlocked or a Telus SIM card Blackberry.

Need Help? Let's chat.