cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody can call me, please help!

mtdspeedy98
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried calling my phone with someone else's phone, but it says that the phone number doesn't exist.. Please help. 

22 REPLIES 22

You should start you're own thread to avoid confusion; however did you just sign up and port a number from another provider?

Joey18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem😡.  Help?

mtdspeedy98

Thank you, everything is working now except for the mobile data. I'm not sure why it's not using mobile data. Even when I turn it on, nothing happens

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mtdspeedy98 if you haven't already, you should send a private message to the moderator team immediately, using this link.  Include the SIM card number you activated and a description of the issue.  They should be able to help, as it sounds like you encountered an activation glitch and/or a porting failure. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mr-Bump
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you restarted the device since the port was completed?

When you were able to call without showing as private, was it the correct time number showing?

mtdspeedy98

Please help, I can't do anything now 😕 I can't call or do anything

mtdspeedy98

No I didn't, now nothing works 😕 I can't call or do anything

mtdspeedy98

No, it hasn't. I cannot call now 😕 It doesn't let do anything

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mtdspeedy98 is this resolved now?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Audit13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you port in a number from another carrier? You may be experiencing a stock port. I ported two numbers from telus and both ports were completed in about a minute. 

I ported a number from Bell but it got "stuck" so I had to contact the Moderator Team to complete the port.

Audit13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you receive a text message to say the port was complete? 

When you call, does it go straight to voicemail? When you send a text to a Rogers to bell phone, does the message look like it was sent but not received? If the answer is yes to both quotations, I recommend sending a private message to the Moderator Team.

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mtdspeedy98

In the event that the port doesn't come through, say by tomorrow morning, I would contact a moderator to get your account sorted out.

Send a private message to @Moderator_Team, include your following info:
- account number
- phone number
- sim card number (if you have it)
- a brief description of what has happened

…and they will be able to look into it for you.
Click the link for an explanation on how to private message the moderators: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

*** I’m here to help but I’m not a PM Moderator, so please don’t private message me with any of your account information. ***

mattdxb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Most ports take within a couple of hours. I would wait a little longer. It's rare but I've experienced a port that took about a day

mtdspeedy98

It's a cell phone, thank you

Taekgun

Hang in there, it can take a bit of time to complete.  Were you porting a cell phone or a landline?

mtdspeedy98

It's been almost 2 hours. But okay, thank you 

Taekgun

How long has this been going on.  Sounds like your in the middle of a port, which can take between 5 min to 2 hours to complete.  You will get a text message from PM when the port is complete.

mtdspeedy98

Yes, this is a new activation. I transferred my old phone number to this one. I can call others, but nobody can call me back. And I cannot message them because they're not receiving my messages and theie messages aren't coming to me either 😕

Taekgun

@mtdspeedy98

Is this a new activation?  Did you port over your phone number at the same time or did you get a brand new number?

We need a bit more info before we can point you in the right direction to fix your issue.

mtdspeedy98

Thank you, I can call others now and it doesn't show as private. But nobody can call me still. It says the number doesn't exist

Check your dialer app setting.  Call display may be disabled.

mtdspeedy98

I just activated my account today. Whenever I call someone, it shows as a private number. And nobody can call my number. Please help.

Need Help? Let's chat.