cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voicemail notifications

goldrush
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since switching to a new phone, Note 8, I no  longer receive notifications when I have a new voicemail. Help is appreciated .

6 REPLIES 6

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@goldrush wrote:

For the life of me i cannot find ''voicemail" in my settings. Not when i search in settings or when i hit the three dots in the phone app...

Your "new" Note 8 - was it used previously by someone else? If so they have hidden the notification - go to the "Apps" section in your Settings (might be called "App Manager" or "Manage Apps" or something similar) and look for the "Phone" app (may have to enable "Show System Apps" from the top menu first). When you find it, you should be able to find where to show notifications again. Or you can just clear the Phone app's data.

If it's still new to you and there's not much to lose I'd be tempted to just factory reset and start over.

goldrush
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For the life of me i cannot find ''voicemail" in my settings. Not when i search in settings or when i hit the three dots in the phone app...

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I found this on another forum, you can try this as well:

Go to Settings and type App Icon Badges in the search box at the top of the screen

Tap on App Icon Badges

On the App Icon Badges screen, make sure ON is selected and under the Badge Style section, make sure Show with number is selected

Go back to settings and tap on Notifications

Under the Notifications On Home Screen section, make sure App icon badges show with numbers is turned on and under the App Notifications section, make sure Voicemail is turned on

Go back to Settings and type Notification Access

Under Lock Screen And Security, tap on Notification access

Make sure Samsung Home Experience is turned on

Last step...go back to settings and tap on Notifications

Tap on Advanced in the upper right hand corner of the screen

Scroll down and tap on Samsung Experience Home

Make sure On, App icon badges and Allow sound are turned on

The On lock screen option is whichever you prefer. I have my set to Hide content

You may find some help here : 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_pu...

(that emoticon is not from me, but from the link itself... lol. The link still works)

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Any chance you had forwarding setup on your previous device, and not yet on your new one?

Long shot.. Guessing at this one.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@goldrush

Same thing happened to me. But they showed me at the phone store how to do it. Once it's on it works just fine.
Got to Voice Mail.
Go to Menu
Go to Settings
Go to Notifications

Sometimes it is disabled by accident? Not sure why.

Need Help? Let's chat.