cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound for incoming call

Lucyzhou
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello , I have a iPhone 11.  Recently I found out that sometimes there are no sounds for incoming calls. It causes me  missing some important calls. When it happens, the phone is not in silent model either side volume bitten is not in silent . Please help.  

19 REPLIES 19

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT203124 check here for settings.

Try two things

1. You are set up to use 3G network.

2. Your number is not set up for automatic call forwarding.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lucyzhou wrote:

Sometimes it goes to voicemail directly.  

@Lucyzhou 

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

jonahmt21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Turn your phone off and on and try again 🙂

Lucyzhou

I have checked. No need for updates. However, I have one Simcard and one sim card. There are 2 networks. I am not sure if it is the reason

@Lucyzhou 

Have you checked if your phone needs a Carrier Settings / Software Update?

@Lucyzhou    if it goes to the voicemail directly often, it might be a weak network issue in the area

do you notice that this often often when you are at a particular place/  like your home or office?  It might be a weak 3G connection there.

Also, this could be a device issue, do you have a second phone that you can use it for couple days and see if you see any improvement?

Lucyzhou

right?

Lucyzhou

Sometimes it goes to voicemail directly.  

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@esjliv wrote:

@Lucyzhou wrote:

Hello , I have a iPhone 11.  Recently I found out that sometimes there are no sounds for incoming calls. It causes me  missing some important calls. When it happens, the phone is not in silent model either side volume bitten is not in silent . Please help.  

@Lucyzhou 

Perform a RESET of your NETWORK SETTINGS on your device.

And also, try your SIM into another compatible phone to see if the same thing happens, this should isolate whether it is a phone or account issue.

Best advice above. If no extra phone then see if a friend or a shop will try in another unlocked phone. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lucyzhou wrote:

@Lucyzhou 

Perform a RESET of your NETWORK SETTINGS on your device.

And also, try your SIM into another compatible phone to see if the same thing happens, this should isolate whether it is a phone or account issue.

@barrascuk wrote:

Do you have any call forwarding "to" your iPhone 11 turned on?

In the caae of call forwarding being enabled, the member's phone wouldn't be giving indcation of a missed call the way that it is.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you have any call forwarding "to" your iPhone 11 turned on?

My wife has an iPhone 11 this was happening to a year ago or so. Her phone would switch from Public Mobile to roaming and search for another network while in the call. Make sure your phone is locked on to Public mobile and does not allow it to change providers. 

Hope this is helpful. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lucyzhou wrote:

It shows missed call. Sometimes even Inhold the phone, it does not ring. Later showing missed call

@Lucyzhou 

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Lucyzhou

It shows missed call. Sometimes even Inhold the phone, it does not ring. Later showing missed call

FWIW, I also sometimes experienced that with another provider.

Sometimes it would ring normally, sometimes straight to voicemail.

Maybe transient network issues or area coverage?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Lucyzhou   can you confirm if the call actually got to your phone or if the calls can't reach you and got sent to Voicemail instead?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lucyzhou 

Rebooting your device

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and check it out your iphone ios update visit Here link ...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lucyzhou , this seems unusual.  Next time this happens, check the connection signal strength.  Perhaps a weak signal can be the cause.  But then again, it is a digital connection.  The phone is either connected or not connected.  

Need Help? Let's chat.