cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No signal

Hello,

I have not had a signal since Tuesday. The weather is clear, and I have no issues with the wifi, but have no signal at all for calls. This is getting annoying. It works fine elsewhere, but at home I have nothing. It kind of negates the purpose of having a phone if nobody can call me and I can't call anybody. Help.

Tags (1)
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: No signal

@canuckamuk wrote:

Hello,

I have not had a signal since Tuesday. The weather is clear, and I have no issues with the wifi, but have no signal at all for calls. This is getting annoying. It works fine elsewhere, but at home I have nothing. It kind of negates the purpose of having a phone if nobody can call me and I can't call anybody. Help.

@canuckamuk you have always had asignal with PM at home before?

Mayor / Maire

@canuckamuk wrote:

Hello,

Are you deep in a basement or something? A faraday cage? Smiley Happy

What all do you have...calls in/out, texts in/out, data in/out?

Does your account show as active?

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Mayor / Maire

@canuckamuk please excuse me if this sounds like a dumb question, but have you tried rebooting your phone?  Weird/sudden behaviour like this can often be resolved by a simple reboot, particularly if you don't make a habit of doing it regularly.  [I reboot mine at least once a week, to proactively try to avoid these types of gremlins.]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

yes

Mayor / Maire

@canuckamuk wrote:

yes

@canuckamuk assuming this is your answer about you tried rebooting and it didn't help.  What does your Account Status show when you sign into your self serve account?  Is it Active or Suspended?

You may want to try the lost-then-found trick (as @z10user4) noted and/or the $1 top-up trick to get things working again.  More info on those here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f... If that doesn't work, you will want to reach out to the moderator team for support.  Here is how:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

@canuckamuk Check the coverage map for your area: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage

Some areas are better served by Rogers.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

Hello folks,

Thanks for all the tips. I was away for a couple of weeks, but the issue still exists. I have no signal at home, but I have a signal EVERYWHERE else. My neighbour has no problem getting a signal at my place, so the signal itself is coming in. For some reason it just does not come to my phone. So, I can get a signal everywhere but at home where I need it most. I have tried doing a factory reset, which did nothing but delete all my photos and contacts. I just reloaded my account, so this is basically the last chance Public Mobile has or I move on to another company.

Mayor / Maire

@canuckamuk still trying to understand.  

1) how long have you been a public mobile customer?  was everything fine with public mobile prior to that Tuesday a few weeks ago and now you get no signal at home?  OR, if you just signed up with Public Mobile that day, whom were you with previously where you had no trouble at home?

2) your neighbour--are they also with Public Mobile?  If not, whom are they with? 

3) What brand and model of phone are you using?  What about your neighbour?

4) Did you happen to try temporarily putting your SIM card in your neighbour's phone (while in your house), and/or putting their SIM card in your phone?  What happened when you tried this?  If you haven't tried this, would it be possible that you try this and report back?

@srlawren wrote:

@canuckamuk still trying to understand.  

1) how long have you been a public mobile customer?  was everything fine with public mobile prior to that Tuesday a few weeks ago and now you get no signal at home?  OR, if you just signed up with Public Mobile that day, whom were you with previously where you had no trouble at home?

2) your neighbour--are they also with Public Mobile?  If not, whom are they with? 

3) What brand and model of phone are you using?  What about your neighbour?

4) Did you happen to try temporarily putting your SIM card in your neighbour's phone (while in your house), and/or putting their SIM card in your phone?  What happened when you tried this?  If you haven't tried this, would it be possible that you try this and report back?

I have been with Public Mobile for a few months now, and had no problems until this one.

My Neighbor is with Bell.

He was using an older IPhone (I think it was a 5), I'm on an old HTC Amaze 4g (the phone was free, who turns down a free phone? Smiley Happy  ).

I didn't put the sim card in his phone, no.