cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

All of a sudden my phone lost service. I checked and my account is active. I turned of phone and restarted I and nothing. I took out some card and that didn't do anything. I tried everything and nothing is working. I don't know what to do. 

26 REPLIES 26

tehowennathe

It's all solved now. What caused it was an update sent by Blu. A factory reset fixed every. I should get an adapter.

@tehowennathe  I sometimes have to switch Sims between phone and saved the other sizes to use when needed. I've asked at some retailers if they have any extras on hand from another activation and they've been happy to supply them as they usually get tossed out. Alternatively a SIM adapter can be bought at places like best buy for $5 or on the internet for as low as $1.

@tehowennathe wrote:

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

Remove sim card, try it in a different phone, if working, then buy another phone. if not contact PM. 

No one I know has a phone with same sim size so can't check. Would a factory reset work?

For future reference, the PM 3 in 1 SIMs can be "re-assembled" if you've saved the unused frames.

PM tri-sim.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tehowennathe

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@tehowennathe wrote:

It's set to 2G/3G/4G

I think it's your device. Even if there's an account issue or even you service is cancelled, you would still see networks when you scan.

Latest update from Blu caused sim to not work. Had to factory reset to get it working

@tehowennathe wrote:

It's set to 2G/3G/4G

I think it's your device. Even if there's an account issue or even you service is cancelled, you would still see networks when you scan.

@@

Bold move, but in this case, warranted.

tehowennathe

A factory reset was needed. The update that Blu sent caused the issue. It's all fixed now

tehowennathe

Everyone I know has a different sim size. May have to factory reset since it happened after a few days later after a major update from Blu getting me out of pie beta

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennatheI would suggest put your SIM card into another phone and see if the problem persists. That's the quickest way to figure out the root of your issue.

If you tried network reset and it didn't work, and you don't have alot to lose on your phone, a factory restore might work. Especially if the recent changes to your os caused it and you just found the trouble on your next restart?? I wouldn't rush to it though.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe wrote:

All of a sudden my phone lost service. I checked and my account is active. I turned of phone and restarted I and nothing. I took out some card and that didn't do anything. I tried everything and nothing is working. I don't know what to do. 

I know you said the account is active, but maybe try topping up your account with one dollar and then rebooting the phone.

tehowennathe

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

Remove sim card, try it in a different phone, if working, then buy another phone. if not contact PM. 

No one I know has a phone with same sim size so can't check. Would a factory reset work?

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

tehowennathe

All I did was restart phone and then sim stopped

tehowennathe

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@tehowennathe wrote:

Nothing is working. Says emergency calls only. When I try to manually search for network it says no networks found

None? That's strange. It could be a broken phone. Check if phone is set to 2g by mistake; Public won't work with it set to that.  

It's set to 2G/3G/4G

tehowennathe

@hairbag1 wrote:

Long shot but...try putting the sim in the second sim slot.

It's already in second slot as my previous phone used micro SIM so it's on the micro SD slot 

@tehowennathe wrote:

Nothing is working. Says emergency calls only. When I try to manually search for network it says no networks found

None? That's strange. It could be a broken phone. Check if phone is set to 2g by mistake; Public won't work with it set to that.  

Long shot but...try putting the sim in the second sim slot.

@tehowennathe wrote:

I am using a Blu Vivo XI+ which got out of beta for Pie on Monday. That's when I did an update to get out of beta. It was working well up until half an hour ago

Did you buy it new or used?  Did you check the national blacklist database?

tehowennathe

@hairbag1 wrote:

@tehowennathe wrote:

Plug phone into AC power supply for a start.

Is anything working ?...talk / text or data ?

tehowennathe

I am using a Blu Vivo XI+ which got out of beta for Pie on Monday. That's when I did an update to get out of beta. It was working well up until half an hour ago

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe  Did you try network reset? Check APN settings to see if they changed?

tsparkle21

Try toggling airplane mode on and off.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe wrote:

Plug phone into AC power supply for a start.

Is anything working ?...talk / text or data ?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

In order to better help you, we need more info about your issue:

What type of phone are you using?

What version of the OS?

Did anything happen of note? OS upgrade?

Need Help? Let's chat.