cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Bonwight
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My son has no service since Wednesday how do I get help ive tried messaging and putting a post on but no response. What a waste of my money and my son is heartbroken. Just want his service fixed!! Please help

41 REPLIES 41

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NewZQ thanks for trying to help, but APN only applies to data and MMS messages.  @Bonwight's son's plan has no data, and they did not mention any issue with MMS specifically.  SMS and Talk do not use the APN settings at all.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NewZQ
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Another reason of no service could be an locked account. Does it works here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/?

Bonwight

Ok I will try it!

NewZQ
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If it has no service it could be a problem with the phone settings, you tried to put the sim back in again to check if it works and also check in the sim card settings if the phone is set on 3g prefered. Also the apn settings in the same menu could be wrong.

Edit : Apn settings

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Authentication type: Leave blank 
APN type: Leave blank 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bonwight wrote:

Tried to set up his account but its saying it will text me a 6 diget code and his phone is not working to receive it. So frustrating!

It should be able to receive all texts. Just limited outgoing if the $10 plan.

Did you get the $10 plan?

Edit: How about real basic...is the phone on, is it in airplane mode, is the cellular radio on, is there some kind of app blocking things.

Bonwight

Tried to set up his account but its saying it will text me a 6 diget code and his phone is not working to receive it. So frustrating!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes all kinds of questions.

If you got him the $10 plan then maybe he simply ran out of minutes and/or texting.

It's 50 all minutes and 50 outgoing texts.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Which plan?  Is it the $10 plan?

Bonwight

No its a new service worked fine for a week then all of sudden stopped hes on a plan and good till the 1st. Got mine at same time and mine  is perfect

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Bonwight

Sorry to hear about your son's troubles.  Moderators are taking about at least 48-72 hours to respond to requests due to heavy demand.  

Can you provide more details to see whether community members can help or moderator need to step in?  New activation or been customer for awhile?  When was payment date?  What does your account status show in your self service account? Etc....

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

We will need more info to help you out.  Did you lose service around the time of plan renewal?  Or around a plan change?  What plan are you on?

Need Help? Let's chat.