cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Bonwight
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My son has no service since Wednesday how do I get help ive tried messaging and putting a post on but no response. What a waste of my money and my son is heartbroken. Just want his service fixed!! Please help

41 REPLIES 41

@srlawren

wrote:

Its very strange I got him another phone on telus network samsung s6 and its doing the same thing with his sim. Saying unregistered on this phone. My sim won't work on it either but both our cards works on my LG K5 my card works on his Samsung A5 his won't.

I read many times and as I highlighted in one of her post she did say her card was working in his phone, which is why I didn't think it could be blacklisted!....so she jump around a bit!

I did mistype, I meant to say "her card work in his phone".

Bonwight

Yes def reportex as lost or stolen. Neither sim card works. The second phone was reported the lady thought her son lost it bought him a new one and reported this one. It has been lifted and i now have the samsung 6 working perfect. The first lady is telling me she didnt know and will call me shortly after she calls telus. Hopefully she's true to her word! Thank's everyone for all your help. Much appreciated!!

NewZQ
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah, If you want to buy a phone buy it from a store or if you do not want to get ripped off by the insane prices, then buy if from aliexpress a chinese one that has the global bands. The Umidigi one pro for example is good looking and cheap and has so many features, not from a shady lady that comes at the door.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@NewZQ wrote:

If it has been reported stolen then you can not use it.

This does not explain why his PM sim works in her sons phone!

@krazykiwi @NewZQ read again-- @Bonwight indicated neither SIM works in her son's phone.  And the reason is quite clear--it's been reported stolen by an unscrupulous seller.  Very unfortunate indeed.

Or the original owner of the phone that "the lady" sold her.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@krazykiwi wrote:

@NewZQ wrote:

This does not explain why his PM sim works in her sons phone!

@krazykiwi @NewZQ read again-- @Bonwight indicated neither SIM works in her son's phone.  And the reason is quite clear--it's been reported stolen by an unscrupulous seller.  Very unfortunate indeed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NewZQ

View your IMEI by calling this number : *#06#

If you still can not see it try this :  https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-a5-2017-how-do-i-locate-the-imei-number-on-...

Enter both your IMEI here https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/ and what does the website says.

Your phone has dual sim, you could try to put sim in the other slot since that has a different imei...

NewZQ

@krazykiwi wrote:

@NewZQ wrote:

This does not explain why his PM sim works in his sons phone!

Yeah thats a good point, perhaps it takes a while for the network to refresh ?

Bonwight

Heartbroken I'm single mom struggling to make it with my 2 boys and I finally get the money to get him a phonw and she reports it lost or stolen 2 weeks after he has it. I have all messages from her. 220$ of my money gone!!

@NewZQ wrote:

This does not explain why his PM sim works in her phone!

NewZQ

The only way to use it would be to change the IMEI (but that would affect only how apps will see the IMEI not how the network towers would).

Bonwight

That what it means??? 

NewZQ

Oh snap, thats a bummer. 

Yeah thats why it does not work.

Bonwight

Screenshot_2018-09-24-15-06-56.png

Does this mean the phone has been reported lost or stolen?? Shouldn't be as I purchased the phone from a lady that came to my home with it. And it was working fine from Sept 1st. Or is this just standard info

@Bonwight wrote:

Yes I did. Public mobile is on telus network? The other phone I bought cause I thought was something wrong with ither is doing the same thing. Samsung s6 telus. 

Yes, Public Mobile is on Telus network but it should still say Public Mobile on you phone for network.

EDIT: Are you sure the new phone is unlocked? You mentioned neither sim worked with it.

Bonwight

Yes I did. Public mobile is on telus network? The other phone I bought cause I thought was something wrong with ither is doing the same thing. Samsung s6 telus. 

@Bonwight wrote:

Yes I have its shown active with a credit on it payed up till 1st of Oct. And I did try to factory reset twice no luck

When you tried the factory reset did you try to set it as new to see if it works then?

Make sure you do a backup first which you can always restore to later when you fix the issue.

Bonwight

Yes I have its shown active with a credit on it payed up till 1st of Oct. And I did try to factory reset twice no luck

@Bonwight wrote:

No I've tried every suggestion here. Even bought another phone with telus network saying same thing on that phone. Shows public mobile on available networks but when I click it says cannot connect try again later. His sim only works on my LG k5. I don't know I'm totally lost

We need you to get access to your sons account.

Have you been able to set this up?

If not, put his sim in your phone and then set it up, you will get the code text to you as you have his sim.

I suspect that there is nothing wrong with the account as it works in your phone.

You said you tried everything, did that include the factory reset? Have you tried setting the phone up as new to see if it works that way?

Really starting to sound like a phone problem and not a PM issue.

Bonwight

No I've tried every suggestion here. Even bought another phone with telus network saying same thing on that phone. Shows public mobile on available networks but when I click it says cannot connect try again later. His sim only works on my LG k5. I don't know I'm totally lost

Bonwight

Its very strange I got him another phone on telus network samsung s6 and its doing the same thing with his sim. Saying unregistered on this phone. My sim won't work on it either but both our cards works on my LG K5 my card works on his Samsung A5 his won't.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dunkman thanks I missed that post while I was away I guess. I might still tell people that so that there is a higher chance they might actually listen Smiley Wink

@Bonwight

Agree with @jp2, it looks like hardware/phone issue with your son.  Try the opposite, try your SIM card in his phone.  I would expect that it will have no service.  

You could try network reset or even a factory reset on your son's phone.  

BTW, Jp2, the moderators have subsequently corrected themselves.  Submitting new private messages will not put you back to the bottom of the queue.  It just adds to the backlog.  So, still try not to send too many messages, but it isn't as bad as before....

jp2

BTW every time you send a new message to the mods you are sent to the back of the wait list so you'll actually get a response faster if you only send one message. 

jp2

If his sim is working in your phone then it probably isn't a public mobile issue. There is something wrong with your sons phone. I saw people already asked about airplane mode. It could also be a hardware issue with his phone.

Public mobile doesn't sell or fix hardware 

Bonwight

Yes it works in my phone. His was working up to Wednesday last week ive been sending messages since Friday to get it fixed and No response. Is there anywhere I can go because I've paid for 6 days of service he's not able to use and this is kinda a rip off at this point.  

jp2

Can you put your sons sim card in your phone to see if it works?

To stop autopay just go into your sons public mobile self serve account and remove your credit card 

Bonwight

Account is showing active. When I go in and search for providers its brings up public mobile but when I click on it says cannot connect try again later

Bonwight

Didn't work

Bonwight

Yes he does have data! Ive tried everythi possible. I'm just beyond upset right now. Worse service ever. They took another payment so now I have a credit of 40$ on my account. I guess there setting me up to rip me off for another month!! How do I cancel holy ridiculous!!

Need Help? Let's chat.