cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Bobbi224
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried to send text messages and make phone calls but my phone has no service. There's an X above the service bars as well. Any idea what's going on?

9 REPLIES 9

walmart3161
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Always start by turning phone off and back on again they at times need a reset and thats what the on/off on will do.

I'm sure you know if you are in a service area of not sometime building you are in do not reach the towers out side ie. hospitals, arenas.

I have been in a rural area before and switched off my LTE this also improved my connectability. 

I hope this solves the problem for you 😉

Bobbi224

I turned it off and then on again and now it's working 😕😕

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Bobbi224  something else to check is to make sure the last digits of your sim card match the the last digits of the one registered in self serve.  They should match. 

@Bobbi224 wrote:

It worked all weekend, even this morning. This one is an LG G6.

@Bobbi224  The LG G6 is compatible with PM so that's not the issue. My recommendation is to do a factory reset on that phone and try again to see if it corrects the issue.

@Bobbi224 

Do you have another phone to try the PM Sim card?  As mentioned above, helps to isolate hardware issue versus PM service issue.

Bobbi224

It worked all weekend, even this morning. This one is an LG G6.

@Bobbi224 

Did the new phone work before with PM?  Which model phone?  It is possible that it might not work with PM.

Bobbi224

Self serve is normal. Active account.

Airplane mode is off. Rebooted twice. Says nothing about searching for network. 

I just put this sim card in this phone on Friday evening because my other stopped charging. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

what does your self serve say?

is airplane mode on?  have you tried rebooting phone?  searching for network?

try sim in different  phone?  (this isloates hardware vs account issues)

Need Help? Let's chat.