cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service on unlocked iPhone 7 Plus

VP11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, I am a new customer with public Mobile and just got a SIM card from WoW mobile before 3-4 hours. It says No service since first second. 

-iPhone 7 Plus is unlocked

-iPhone model: A1784

-restarted iPhone for 5 times now

-did reset network settings 

Issue is still not resolved.

13 REPLIES 13

VP11

No, not yet

Mana
Mayor / Maire

hi @VP11, did you issue get resolved?

Mana
Mayor / Maire

When the wow mobile person swapped your sim, did they link the new sim to your account?

if you haven't already, you can send a private message to @CS_Agent

In your message to them please include:

- explaination of your issue

- your phone and account number

- your sim number. 

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@VP11, which plan did you sign up for? Have you already submitted payment to Public Mobile?

VP11

@Mana yes my iPhone is unlocked I bought it outright from Apple Store and works internationally with all carriers including Koodo, freedom mobile, and Vodafone.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@VP11 sorry to hear about your trouble. 

Are you sure that your iPhone is unlocked?

Do you happen to have access to another unlocked or telus or koodo phone that you can try your SIM card in?

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ok then, you do have an account set up on the PM web site.  I will assume that the account shows the correct plan (call/text/data).

Since it has been more than 4 hours, I think your only other thing to do is send a private message to the moderators team, so that they can look into the problem.

VP11

@matbasm @PJC on Public Mobile website it shows me “Account status: Active”

matbasm

@VP11, I'm not sure if there is something special done when you purchase a SIM at WOW mobile, but Usually, you need to activate the sim on the Public Mobile web site.  It can be done at the following page: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

VP11

Yes my service is activated. It show I have active plan under my account.

VP11

Hey, can you please tell me more about activation, because I’m not sure what you’re talking about exactly. 

What i have been so far is, I went to WoW and they opened my account there and inserted SIM card on my iPhone and asked me to wait for half an hour, but it didn’t show any service at all. So I went back and she changed SIM card but still no service. She referred me to to public mobile. I have my account up and it show I have active plan. Is there anything additional I’m supposed to do?

matbasm

Hi @VP11,  Just to be sure, you did register for a new account, and enter your SIM information (plus all the other information the system asked for), right?  If so, were there any messages during the account activation?  If everything went smoothly, you should at least be connected, and be able to make calls & send texts (assuming you have calling/texting in your plan).  If you took a new number, then you should also be able to receive calls and texts also.

If everything went smoothly during activation, then i suggest you send a private message to the moderators team.  They will be able to get you up-and-running.

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

To confirm, you have activated your service with Public Mobile already?

Need Help? Let's chat.