cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service on iPhone 7

Bradp75
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ever once and awhile my iPhone says no service, phones updated, tried restarting it. Taking the SIM card out for a minute and nothing helped. Put the sim in my android phone and works fine.

Any ideas as what it could be?

8 REPLIES 8

@Bradp75 wrote:

Now the phones randomly shutting down. Not under warranty either 😔.

If you've updated to ios 13 you may have one of its bugs; https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/09/21/apple-ios-13-release-should-you-upgrade-iphone-1...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Bradp75 wrote:

Yes it usually gets good reception, on my android phone it's got 3 bars. This is the third time it's done this in 4 - 5 months, just randomly happens. Must be the phone I think.

This does sound like a phone.  If you have a different working SIM card, try and see if the problem is repeated.  Apple store has good service.  Maybe take it to a store and see if they can help.

@Bradp75If your phone is randomly shutting down chances are it is the battery that is at fault.

Bradp75

Now the phones randomly shutting down. Not under warranty either 😔.

Bradp75

Yes it usually gets good reception, on my android phone it's got 3 bars. This is the third time it's done this in 4 - 5 months, just randomly happens. Must be the phone I think.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Bradp75 wrote:

Ever once and awhile my iPhone says no service, phones updated, tried restarting it. Taking the SIM card out for a minute and nothing helped. Put the sim in my android phone and works fine.

That could be faulty antenna. Are you in a strong signal area?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Bradp75Check to see if your SIM card fit snuggly in the SIM tray. I would put a thin piece of tape to make sure it holds.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If you can...try the sim in the other phone for a day or two to see if it's a sim issue or a phone issue.

@Bradp75 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.