cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone service on iPhone 8

RedPepper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi.  We’re all registered with Public Mobile and Public Mobile shows up in settings.  However, there is no data or phone service and the existing mobile number is still functioning with Telus on an old phone.  How can we use our new iPhone 8 with our existing number on Public Mobile??  Many thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

monicatyelle

I just solved my iPhone No Service issue by updating carrier settings.

Audit13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I ported two numbers from telus to public and the port was completed in about two minutes. 

Definitely contact a member of the Moderator Team to look into the matter.

Gaunt3838

Wait 4 hours then call porting department seeif theres a delay in the switch table for activation port in if no service the next day call porting dept. Your old phone will lose service when successful.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I sense the activation may have failed somewhere.  Data should work even prior to completing the number porting.  Check the APN settings on the phone and see if they match the one shown in this link.  If there is no issue with the APN setting, then I think the activation failed and help may be required from the moderator team to look into perhaps resubmitting the activation.  Another thing that would suggest there may be activation problem is that porting from Telus is literally instantaneous.  Public and Telus are virtually the same company. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Setting-Up-Data-APN-On-Your-Ph...

Good luck with resolving the problem.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Your Port is still in progress and could take up to a couple of hours if you have any issues after that you should private message the moderators at The Forum

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

The port-in may take a few hours. Your old service will stop once its completed; do not cancel your Telus account. 

If your port-in has stalled more than 3 hours you will need moderator assistance. If so, send  a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation. Include the following info:

• PM SIM card number
  • Telus account number, exactly as shown on your bill.
  • Telusr phone number
  • the account holder's name, exactly as shown on your bill
  • an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.