cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No new voicemail notification

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

No new voicemail notification on iPhone. Any ideas? MMS is fine; msg there when logged in.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
22 REPLIES 22

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@daredogg yes it wasn't necessary for use on PM.  The good news is, as you said, you could use it on any technically compatible network in the future.  Also, this opens you up to using other carriers outside of Canada when you travel.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Griff you're saying if you came from Telus, you don't need to unlock your phone?!  Ahhh, I just dropped $50 to have mine unlocked (use to be $35). Oh well... at least I can now use my phone on any carrier!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Luddite,

You're welcome!

OK Thanks for the info.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Luddite,

Your voicemail box, as you probably know, can hold a maximum of 10 messages, whether new or saved.

When the number of messages (new or saved) reaches 7, an artificial voice will warn you that you are nearing capacity.

A message is deleted after 10 days, unless saved. It can be saved indefinitely. One does not need to wait until the 10th day to save it. For example, on the 4th day of having saved a message, it can be saved for another 10 days, and so on.

FYI.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Issue resolved.

Today the voicemail indicator began functioning normally and I see the number of unheard voicemails as well as the "ding" a new one has arrived. Also, the "voicemail" button on my iPhone now goes directly to voice mail.

A big thanks to PM tech support!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

When I saw your username for the first time, it brought an immediate smile to my face. It also made me curious, thus prompting tonight's post. I found it very interesting that a person with that username would find himself in a digital forum.

I guess that I'm the Luddite compared to you. I trashed my 2 computers and my TV set. When I had the latter, I had rabbit ears only. No fancy shmanchy antenna for me! 🙂

The moniker is just an indication of how little I know, plus being frugal I prefer technology at least a few years old before I tip toe in. Even though I'm Apple centric everything is at least 2 models behind. Lastly, I thought it might provide a smile to some. 🙂

This is my first active tech forum because I think folks are overpaying for TV, internet and phone services. On TV I'm back to my childhood roots with an aerial on the roof!

Thanks for the welcome.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Luddite,

Considering the history surrounding your username, I find it amusing, in a benign way, that you are in a digital forum.

LOL with Luddite.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Luddite,

Thank you for the Bravo. Much appreciated!

Cheers.

OK, thanks for the thought. Tech support got back to me saying Visual vm is not supported, but I'd like to have the notification of new vm show up. Backup plan is just to watch for missed calls and log in.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Luddite

Interesting, it usually causes the screen to flash and then the icon would work. I used it to create an auto dial for the voicemail password so that I wouldn't have to enter my password by adding a pause to the code. (*5005*86*[phonenumber],[password]#)

Anyways, if I find anything else that might rememdy your issue i'll link it here.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

No effect with either programme; they just disappear into the ether with no action. Holding down 1 still accesses voicemail.

Griff

@Luddite

Strange, and you tried both methods of programming I suggested? With the voicemail centre number or using your own phone number?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Mine is also iPhone 5 initially locked to Telus but currently unlocked. Holding down the 1 key does access voicemail. 

Griff

Sorry to hear that @Luddite

I'm currently using a TELUS locked iPhone 5 with Public and never had any issues with voicemail.

If you go into the phone dialing screen and hold the 1 key down does it call your voicemail?

Thanks to Griff and Martin for their suggestions. Here is where it stands:

- Griff's programming suggestion did not work

- Apple community thiunks it is a carrier issue

- when I reboot with my Telus sim vm notification and connecting work normally

- when I try to delete the Visual vm APN in cellular setting it does not remain blank, the suggested setting, but inserts sb.koodo.com

- changing Visual vm APN setting to sp.mb.com has no effect

So, I conclude this is one more glitch in PM's system to accomodate iPhone.

Will try to send this to tech support.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

No fix dialing that. Will try again tomorrow. When I try to leave the Visual Voicemail APN blank, it gets set to sp.koodo.com

Griff

@Luddite

Try going to your phone dialer and typing in;

*5005*86*12896804001# 
or
*5005*86*(your phone number)#
and then clicking the call out button

and then try clicking the voicemail shortcut again.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

That's it. The voicemail shortcut goes nowhere. From the vm shortcut I did get the setup screen once.

Griff

@Luddite 

When you click on the voicemail shortcut does it bring you to your voicemail or does nothing happen?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

In addition to posting here, you may want to do the same in an Apple forum, if you haven't already done so.

With 2 postings, you obviously stand a better chance of your concern being correctly addressed.

Cheers.
Need Help? Let's chat.