cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network

kingbaida
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've had this account for more than 2 years. It has been working flawlessly, but today ....no more network... Nada, nothing., I've swapped the sim card to another phone (yes unlocked !) and still nothing.... So now I know the problem is with Public Mobile. Why is that  ? I have auto pay installed, my account is up to date , but I can't use the phone nor the internet , nor the SMS. (No network appears on top of the phone...) . I need this solved. Everything as started this morning..... PLEASE Help

Thank you....

10 REPLIES 10

@kingbaida 

You have been sim jacked unfortunately.

Make sure that you report your phone lost/stolen to suspend your account for now.

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  

Change the password to your self service account to something stronger.  Also check any online banking/financial accounts and change passwords, etc. 

Then contact moderator for help.  They might be able to restore your old SIM card.  Or you might need to purchase another SIM card and change yourself.

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

New Ticketing system - faster

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: SIM card swap. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The fastest way to get your account going is to get a new SIM card, change it in your self service account and then resume your service.  Moderators can help, but wait times are long these days.

@kingbaida wrote:

Hi ,

ihave checked indeed and last numbers suddenly do not match the SIM card ?!?!? How can a change this ? Get a new sim and swap it and change SIM card serial number in my profile ?!  Tks 

Hello @kingbaida ,

If the 4-digts DO NOT match, then it appears someone has been fraudulent (SIM-jacked) on your account.  So sorry to hear this.

Change passwords and security questions to your SELF SERVE account right away and check your financials. 

Let the moderators know about this as well, they may be able to reinstate your SIM.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

kingbaida

Hi ,

ihave checked indeed and last numbers suddenly do not match the SIM card ?!?!? How can a change this ? Get a new sim and swap it and change SIM card serial number in my profile ?!  Tks 

@419mainstreet wrote:

we can try doing a Reset network settings on your phone which usually fixes service issues if you have tried everything already:

Since the SIM card was tried in another phone (assuming that it's compatible), I thnk that this is less likely to achieve results as the issue would more likely be with the service instead of the device.

@kingbaida 

Log into self service and choose Change Sim Card. Compare the last 4 numbers to the sim in your phone to make sure you have not been sim jacked.

If they do not match put your phone in lost/stolen mode in self service and change the password. Secure and check all your financial accounts and change passwords including email accounts etc.

Contact a moderator to restore your services.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

we can try doing a Reset network settings on your phone which usually fixes service issues if you have tried everything already:

iphone -

Tap on the following:

• "Settings"
  • "General"
  • "Reset"
  • "Reset Network Settings"
  • Enter password if required

andriod -

Tap on the following:

• "Settings"
  • "System" or "General Management"
  • "Reset" or "Reset Options"
  • "Reset Network Settings"
  • Enter password if required

Note: Resetting your network connection will remove any Wi-Fi or Bluetooth you have setup on your phone. Make sure to set it back up once the network reset is complete.

kingbaida

Active. I'll try this but why suddenly....? I haven't changed anything in years....

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@kingbaida when you login your self-service account, does it show Active or Suspended? Try using fly mode for a few mins on your phone or enable Lost/stolen feature for some time via self-service account.

@kingbaida wrote:

I've had this account for more than 2 years. It has been working flawlessly, but today ....no more network... Nada, nothing., I've swapped the sim card to another phone (yes unlocked !) and still nothing.... So now I know the problem is with Public Mobile. Why is that  ? I have auto pay installed, my account is up to date , but I can't use the phone nor the internet , nor the SMS. (No network appears on top of the phone...) . I need this solved. Everything as started this morning..... PLEASE Help

Thank you....

I would suggest going into your self serve account to see if the SIM card number matches the one you're using. The other possibility is a network outage.

Need Help? Let's chat.